Upgrading Lucee Installation (which uses mod_cfml.pm)

Jamie Jackson

Sep 24, 2015, 5:03:17 PM9/24/15
to mod_cfml
Is there an upgrade guide for an existing (first-gen) Lucee installation?

Among other things, it's got this standard stuff in the Apache config, which needs to be cleaned up:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
        <Proxy *>
        Allow from 127.0.0.1
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cf[cm])(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
        ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cfchart)(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
        ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cfml)(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
        # optional mappings
        #ProxyPassMatch ^/flex2gateway/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/flex2gateway/$1
        #ProxyPassMatch ^/messagebroker/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/messagebroker/$1
        #ProxyPassMatch ^/flashservices/gateway(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/flashservices/gateway$1
        #ProxyPassMatch ^/openamf/gateway/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/openamf/gateway/$1
        #ProxyPassMatch ^/rest/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/rest/$1
        ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8888/
</IfModule>

PerlRequire /opt/lucee/tomcat_connectors/mod_cfml/mod_cfml.pm
PerlHeaderParserHandler mod_cfml
PerlSetVar LogHeaders false
PerlSetVar LogHandlers false
PerlSetVar CFMLHandlers ".cfm .cfc .cfml"

Thanks,
Jamie

Jordan Michaels

Sep 24, 2015, 7:13:55 PM9/24/15
to mod cfml
Hi Jamie,

For the lines below, just remove the lines beginning with "perl" then follow the instructions on the modcfml.org page with regards to installing the Apache module:
http://www.modcfml.org/index.cfm/install/web-server-components/apache-on-centos/

mod_cfml 1.1 is now a native module, so it needs to be compiled (although there are some pre-compiled versions in the github repo). It's a good thing you're upgrading. The security updates in 1.1 are very important!

Let us know if you run into any problems along the way.

Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Jamie Jackson

Sep 25, 2015, 9:42:12 AM9/25/15
to mod_cfml
Thanks Jordan,

My Vagrant environment is Ubuntu, and here are explicit Ubuntu instructions that seemed to work for me:

# install module compiling prerequisite

sudo apt-get install apache2-threaded-dev

# get/compile/place new module

cd /tmp

wget -O mod_cfml-master.zip https://github.com/utdream/mod_cfml/archive/master.zip

unzip mod_cfml-master.zip

cd ./mod_cfml-master/C

sudo make

sudo make install

# add module to available modules, in the ubuntu style

echo "LoadModule modcfml_module modules/mod_cfml.so" \

  | sudo tee /etc/apache2/mods-available/mod_cfml.load

# add module conf, in the ubuntu style

echo \

'<IfModule modcfml_module.c>

CFMLHandlers ".cfm .cfc .cfml"

ModCFML_SharedKey "secret key also set in the Tomcat valve config"

# Optional, all for logging and debugging:

# LogHeaders true

# LogHandlers true

# LogAliases true

# VDirHeader false

</IfModule>

' \

  | sudo tee /etc/apache2/mods-available/mod_cfml.conf

# enable module, in the ubuntu style

sudo a2enmod mod_cfml

# remove perl version

sudo /opt/lucee/sys/remove_mod_cfml.sh

# restart apache

sudo service apache2 restart

I'll need to do this with my target servers, as well (CentOS), so I'll probably post back with that, as well.

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Jackson

Sep 25, 2015, 10:23:17 AM9/25/15