cPanel and mod_cfml

Tim B

Mar 14, 2017, 5:13:05 PM3/14/17
to mod_cfml
I just installed Lucee on my new Cpanel VPS but I get the following error when trying to start apache 2.4:
Cannot load /etc/apache2/modules/mod_cfml.so: undefined symbol: ap_log_error

I've tried all of the mod_cfml.so binaries with no luck.

Also, I am using EasyApache 4 so that might put a wrench in things. However EasyApache3 is being deprecated so it's not really an option either.

Any recommendations on what I should try next to get it working?

Thanks!

Jordan Michaels

Mar 14, 2017, 5:30:40 PM3/14/17
to mod cfml
Hi Tim,

Yeah, it's probably just a different version of Apache that the pre-compiled versions of the connector don't work with. Thankfully, compiling the connector is super-simple assuming you have basic experience with the command-line - which it sounds like you do. There are instructions on how to do it here:
https://github.com/utdream/mod_cfml/tree/master/C

You will probably need to install GCC (yum install gcc), but let us know if you run into any trouble along the way and we'll help as much as we can!

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Jordan Michaels

Mar 14, 2017, 5:33:28 PM3/14/17
to mod cfml
For the record, I've had a LOT of requests to revive the lucee4cPanel project (which is designed to make Lucee on cPanel a crazy-simple install with all the custom cPanel plugins and such, I just haven't had the time!

What I have is online here if you want to take a look:
https://github.com/utdream/Lucee4cPanel

Jordan Michaels

Mar 14, 2017, 5:37:10 PM3/14/17
to mod cfml
Just checked the Lucee list and looks like we've talked before about this. Sorry I didn't recognize your name right away!

Did you try to do a compile and run into problems? Let me know what those problems were and I'll do my best to help.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels