Can't get mod_cfml to work on MAC OS X Sierra with XAMPP

Dick Goosen

Dec 19, 2017, 12:05:09 PM12/19/17
to mod_cfml

Try to get mod_cmfl working under XAMPP with lucee-express-5.0.0.235-RC.

  1. I downloaded the mod_cfml.so and put it in /XAMPP/xamppfiles/modules/ (where all the .so files are located).

  2. I downloaded the mod_cfml-valve.jar and put it in the /lucee-express-5.0.0.235-RC/lib/ folder.

  3. Then I put in the XAMPP httpd.conf the lines:

# XAMPP
Include etc/extra/httpd-xampp.conf
<Proxy *>
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Proxy>
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cf[cm])(/.*)?$ http://localhost:8888/$1$2

Timeout 5400
ProxyTimeout 5400
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0

LoadModule modcfml_module modules/mod_cfml.so
CFMLHandlers ".cfm .cfc .cfml"
ModCFML_SharedKey "asecretkey"
# Optional, all for logging and debugging:
LogHeaders true
LogHandlers true
LogAliases true
VDirHeader false
  1. In the /lucee-express-5.0.0.235-RC/conf/server.xml I put in:
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
  <Valve
                className="mod_cfml.core"
                loggingEnabled="false"
                maxContexts="100"
                timeBetweenContexts="0"
                scanClassPaths="false"
                sharedKey="asecretkey" />

      </Host>

I changed my hostfile as well. All php websites work. Only the cfml websites not. I am not really into this material, what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Dick Goosen

Paul Klinkenberg

Dec 20, 2017, 7:34:04 AM12/20/17
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dick,

Is Lucee running on port 8888, or perhaps 8080?
You can check by going to http://localhost:8888  and http://localhost:8080
If it is 8080, then update the http.conf file with the correct port.

Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg

Paul Klinkenberg

Dec 20, 2017, 8:35:42 AM12/20/17
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind, I see the default http port for tomcat is 8888 in the express versions.

What is the error you are getting? Does Apache return the cfml code to the browser, instead of sending it to Tomcat?
Have you tried going to http://localhost:8888/index.cfm to see if Tomcat is working?

To easily view what Tomcat is doing, you can (re)start it from a Terminal window:

$ cd /path/to/lucee-express-5.0.0.235-RC
$ sudo sh ./shutdown.sh
$ sudo sh ./startup.sh

It will show the standard output of tomcat (startup, info, errors).
Can you send the output, after you tried to connect to one of the cfml sites?

Also, in Apache’s http.conf, you could update the “LogLevel” setting to “debug”, to be able to view the modcfml logs. The log is located in the “logs” directory of Apache. Can you send eg. the last 100 lines, right after you tried to connect to a cfml site from the browser?

Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg