modcache 1.7.0 released

qhy

May 13, 2009, 1:06:44 AM5/13/09
to mod_cache
modcache 1.7.0 was released one week ago and the most important change
of v1.7.0 is that modcache can save content in memory. Detail can be
found at http://www.linux.com.cn/modcache/

Here I want to make some issues clearer:
1) cache memory is managed by LRU. When memory is full, unused items
will remove from memory, but not to move to local disk. the reason
that don't move unused items to disk is that writing large amount of
files to disk at the same time may block normal http service until
write finished (we can't use NON_BLOCK IO here), blocking http service
is not what we want, we want lighttpd to provide service
uninterrupted.

2) add reference count to buffer structure. The purpose of refer count
is to eliminate unnecessary memory copy/free from cache memory store
to network buffer.

modcache 1.7.0 works great and beyonds my expectation

Snailfly.Yin

Jun 2, 2009, 9:14:13 PM6/2/09
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM, qhy <shel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> modcache 1.7.0 works great and beyonds my expectation

Greate ! Thank you very much!