lighttpd-1.5.0~r2533

John Laur

Jul 7, 2009, 1:24:18 PM7/7/09
to mod_cache
Is any update available on the status of mod_cache with lighttpd
1.5.0? The latest snapshot release from the lighttpd developers is
r2533 but it looks like any downloads for the 1.5 branch have been
removed from the mod_cache page. Is there another patch or files
floating around somewhere that I can have a go at making work with
r2533?

shellcode

Jul 7, 2009, 9:06:13 PM7/7/09
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
there has no modcache update for lighttpd 1.5.0 release. It's hard to know which revision is stable for production usage.
anyone can tell me which 1.5.0 revision is stable enough? and I will try to update patch for lighttpd 1.5.0

John Laur

Jul 8, 2009, 7:28:56 PM7/8/09
to mod_cache
Thanks for your response. I have had good luck with any of the
revision numbers the lighttpd team releases explicitly as a snapshot.
1.5.0~r2533 was announced and released about a month ago
http://blog.lighttpd.net/articles/2009/06/11/pre-release-lighttpd-1-4-23rc2-r2534-new-1-5-snapshot.
Most importantly, earlier versions can be remotely segfaulted on SSL.
This is the 1.5.0 release that is currently going to get the most use,
I think.

shellcode

Jul 8, 2009, 8:14:59 PM7/8/09
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
you can download the patched source tar ball at http://www.linux.com.cn/modcache/lighttpd-1.5.0.r2533.modcache.v.1.8.0.tar.gz.
only mod_cache 1.8.0 is inclued

John Laur

Jul 9, 2009, 12:00:43 PM7/9/09
to mod_cache
Thank you very much for your work developing this module. It has been
very useful to us.

On Jul 8, 7:14 pm, shellcode <shellc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you can download the patched source tar ball athttp://www.linux.com.cn/modcache/lighttpd-1.5.0.r2533.modcache.v.1.8....
> .

John Laur

Aug 2, 2009, 6:17:11 PM8/2/09
to mod_cache

On Jul 8, 7:14 pm, shellcode <shellc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you can download the patched source tar ball athttp://www.linux.com.cn/modcache/lighttpd-1.5.0.r2533.modcache.v.1.8....
> .
> only mod_cache 1.8.0 is inclued

I have been wrestling with this for a while -- it seems something is
very broken with this patch. HTTP backends using chunked encoding seem
to have their content mangled badly even if this content from the
backends is not cached and mod_cache is not loaded. I'm sorry that I
do not understand lighttpd internals well enough yet to give a better
report.

Regards,
John

Mahyuddin

Aug 11, 2009, 7:01:57 AM8/11/09
to mod_cache
How about if we have patch file of mod_cache 1.8.0 for lighttpd 1.5
because thats what im doing everytime i update my lighttpd 1.5 but
recently i just only can use mod_cache 1.6. In the mean time version
1.5 still not in stable status, i guess patch file is more practical
even during patch process there's some error and i have to put codes
from the patch file manually into latest lighttpd 1.5 source code
revision.

I believe most of the users really want to use latest mod_cache with
their lighttpd 1.5 including me.

shellcode

Aug 11, 2009, 7:14:08 AM8/11/09
to mod_...@googlegroups.com

Mahyuddin

Aug 12, 2009, 5:17:30 AM8/12/09
to mod_cache
Got this error message when im using fullversion(mod_cache1.8 +
lighttpd 1.5) or using patch

2009-08-12 16:57:57 (error) (mod_proxy_backend_ajp13.c:305) we have 41
bytes, but a partial-string wants 40. no way
2009-08-12 16:57:57 (error) (mod_proxy_backend_ajp13.c:333) parsing
AJP13 response-reason failed: ...
2009-08-12 16:57:57 (error) (mod_proxy_backend_ajp13.c:628) Error
parsing response_headers
2009-08-12 16:57:57 (error) (mod_proxy_core.c:860) stream decoder
failed.
2009-08-12 16:57:57 (trace) (mod_proxy_core.c:2431) state: 4 (error)
2009-08-12 16:57:57 (trace) (connections.c:1363) filter[5] is not
empty: 5 (report me)

My scenario is, im using lighty as a webtier for my high traffic
liferay portal + tomcat. That's why im using mod_proxy_backend_ajp13.
Currently in production i just simply using lighttpd 1.5 with
mod_cache 1.6. Both combination is my savior but i still want to get
the advantage of new features in mod_cache 1.8 for my lighttpd 1.5.
Seems like current implementation got some problem when im using ajp
protocol for my mod_proxy_core. Any idea?

On Aug 11, 7:14 pm, shellcode <shellc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> patch file against lighttpd 1.5.0.r2533 ishttp://www.linux.com.cn/modcache/lighttpd-1.5.0.r2533.modcache.v.1.8....

shellcode

Aug 12, 2009, 5:46:42 AM8/12/09
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
the reason may be uninitialized buffer->ref_count variable during buffer_init()

I update patch file and tarball, you can try it.

tarball: http://www.linux.com.cn/modcache/lighttpd-1.5.0.r2533.modcache.v.1.8.0.tar.gz

patch: http://www.linux.com.cn/modcache/lighttpd-1.5.0.r2533.modcache.v.1.8.0.patch.gz

Mahyuddin

Aug 17, 2009, 3:46:38 AM8/17/09
to mod_cache
It working, thanks a lot. Will try that patch into latest lighttpd
revision.