mod_cache 1.7.0 vs. mod_mem_cache

edvin

May 5, 2009, 8:48:09 PM5/5/09
to mod_cache
According to http://blog.quehy.com/archives/208.html, mod_cache now
has support for memory based storage. Does this mean that it is an
effective replacement for mod_mem_cache? I'd like to move to something
stable for Lighty 1.4.22.

shellcode

May 5, 2009, 9:14:23 PM5/5/09
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
yeah. modcache with memory storage is very powerful, which is beyond my expectation.
modcache can save compress content in memory too.
The only drawback is you lost all memory cache when lighttpd is restarted.

to be simple:
   modcache 1.7 = modcache 1.6 + mod_mem_cache + mod_mem_compress

edvin

May 5, 2009, 9:39:37 PM5/5/09
to mod_cache
shellcode,

Thanks for the clarification.

On May 5, 6:14 pm, shellcode <shellc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah. modcache with memory storage is very powerful, which is beyond my
> expectation.
> modcache can save compress content in memory too.
> The only drawback is you lost all memory cache when lighttpd is restarted.
>
> to be simple:
>    modcache 1.7 = modcache 1.6 + mod_mem_cache + mod_mem_compress
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:48 AM, edvin <edv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > According tohttp://blog.quehy.com/archives/208.html, mod_cache now

steven

May 6, 2009, 9:54:53 PM5/6/09
to mod_cache
I have a question about mod_cache support momory based storage.When
the object in memeory cache expires,the obeject is rmoved to local
disk or pass to backend ?

On 5月6日, 上午8时48分, edvin <edv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> According tohttp://blog.quehy.com/archives/208.html, mod_cache now

shellcode

May 6, 2009, 10:46:21 PM5/6/09
to mod_...@googlegroups.com
expired objects will be removed from memory and requests are passed to backend servers, then objects get updated and expire time is extended