v09i044: MicroEMACS, version 3.8b, Part12/14

1 view

sources...@mirror.tmc.com

Mar 17, 1987, 6:49:31 PM3/17/87
Submitted by: ihnp4!itivax!duncan!lawrence (Daniel Lawrence)
Mod.sources: Volume 9, Issue 44
Archive-name: uemacs3.8b/Part12

#! /bin/sh
# This is a shell archive. Remove anything before this line,
# then unpack it by saving it in a file and typing "sh file".
# If this archive is complete, you will see the message:
# "End of archive 12 (of 14)."
# Contents: search.c
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb ; export PATH
echo shar: Extracting \"search.c\" \(30773 characters\)
if test -f search.c ; then
echo shar: Will not over-write existing file \"search.c\"
else
sed "s/^X//" >search.c <<'END_OF_search.c'
X/*
X * The functions in this file implement commands that search in the forward
X * and backward directions. There are no special characters in the search
X * strings. Probably should have a regular expression search, or something
X * like that.
X *
X * Aug. 1986 John M. Gamble:
X * Made forward and reverse search use the same scan routine.
X *
X * Added a limited number of regular expressions - 'any',
X * 'character class', 'closure', 'beginning of line', and
X * 'end of line'.
X *
X * Replacement metacharacters will have to wait for a re-write of
X * the replaces function, and a new variation of ldelete().
X *
X * For those curious as to my references, i made use of
X * Kernighan & Plauger's "Software Tools."
X * I deliberately did not look at any published grep or editor
X * source (aside from this one) for inspiration. I did make use of
X * Allen Hollub's bitmap routines as published in Doctor Dobb's Journal,
X * June, 1985 and modified them for the limited needs of character class
X * matching. Any inefficiences, bugs, stupid coding examples, etc.,
X * are therefore my own responsibility.
X */
X#include <stdio.h>
X#include "estruct.h"
X#include "edef.h"
X#include "esearch.h"
X/*
X * Reversed pattern array.
X */
Xchar tap[NPAT];
X#if MAGIC
X/*
X * The variable magical determines if there are actual
X * metacharacters in the string - if not, then we don't
X * have to use the slower MAGIC mode search functions.
X *
X * The variable mclen holds the length of the matched
X * string - used by the replace functions.
X *
X * The arrays mcpat and tapcm hold the MC and reversed
X * MC search structures.
X */
Xshort int magical = FALSE;
Xint mclen = 0;
XMC mcpat[NPAT];
XMC tapcm[NPAT];
X#endif
X/*
X * forwsearch -- Search forward. Get a search string from the user, and
X * search, beginning at ".", for the string. If found, reset the "."
X * to be just after the match string, and (perhaps) repaint the display.
X */
Xforwsearch(f, n)
X{
X register int status = TRUE;
X /* Resolve the repeat count.
X */
X if (n == 0)
X n = 1;
X /* If n is negative, search backwards.
X * Otherwise proceed by asking for the search string.
X */
X if (n < 0)
X status = backsearch(f, -n);
X /* Ask the user for the text of a pattern. If the
X * response is TRUE (responses other than FALSE are
X * possible), search for the pattern.
X */
X else if ((status = readpattern("Search", &pat[0], TRUE)) == TRUE)
X {
X do
X {
X#if MAGIC
X if ((magical && curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) != 0)
X status = mcscanner(&mcpat[0], FORWARD, PTEND);
X else
X#endif
X status = scanner(&pat[0], FORWARD, PTEND);
X } while ((--n > 0) && status);
X /* ...and complain if not there.
X */
X if (status == FALSE)
X mlwrite("Not found");
X }
X return(status);
X}
X/*
X * forwhunt -- Search forward for a previously acquired search string,
X * beginning at ".". If found, reset the "." to be just after
X * the match string, and (perhaps) repaint the display.
X */
Xforwhunt(f, n)
X{
X register int status = TRUE;
X /* Resolve the repeat count.
X */
X if (n == 0)
X n = 1;
X else if (n < 0) /* search backwards */
X return(backhunt(f, -n));
X /* Make sure a pattern exists, or that we didn't switch
X * into MAGIC mode until after we entered the pattern.
X */
X if (pat[0] == '\0')
X {
X mlwrite("No pattern set");
X return FALSE;
X }
X#if MAGIC
X if ((curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) != 0 &&
X mcpat[0].mc_type == MCNIL)
X {
X if (!mcstr())
X return FALSE;
X }
X#endif
X /* Search for the pattern...
X */
X do
X {
X#if MAGIC
X if ((magical && curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) != 0)
X status = mcscanner(&mcpat[0], FORWARD, PTEND);
X else
X#endif
X status = scanner(&pat[0], FORWARD, PTEND);
X } while ((--n > 0) && status);
X /* ...and complain if not there.
X */
X if (status == FALSE)
X mlwrite("Not found");
X return(status);
X}
X/*
X * backsearch -- Reverse search. Get a search string from the user, and
X * search, starting at "." and proceeding toward the front of the buffer.
X * If found "." is left pointing at the first character of the pattern
X * (the last character that was matched).
X */
Xbacksearch(f, n)
X{
X register int status = TRUE;
X /* Resolve null and negative arguments.
X */
X if (n == 0)
X n = 1;
X /* If n is negative, search forwards.
X * Otherwise proceed by asking for the search string.
X */
X if (n < 0)
X status = forwsearch(f, -n);
X /* Ask the user for the text of a pattern. If the
X * response is TRUE (responses other than FALSE are
X * possible), search for the pattern.
X */
X else if ((status = readpattern("Reverse search", &pat[0], TRUE)) == TRUE)
X {
X do
X {
X#if MAGIC
X if ((magical && curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) != 0)
X status = mcscanner(&tapcm[0], REVERSE, PTBEG);
X else
X#endif
X status = scanner(&tap[0], REVERSE, PTBEG);
X } while ((--n > 0) && status);
X /* ...and complain if not there.
X */
X if (status == FALSE)
X mlwrite("Not found");
X }
X return(status);
X}
X/*
X * backhunt -- Reverse search for a previously acquired search string,
X * starting at "." and proceeding toward the front of the buffer.
X * If found "." is left pointing at the first character of the pattern
X * (the last character that was matched).
X */
Xbackhunt(f, n)
X{
X register int status = TRUE;
X /* Resolve null and negative arguments.
X */
X if (n == 0)
X n = 1;
X else if (n < 0)
X return(forwhunt(f, -n));
X /* Make sure a pattern exists, or that we didn't switch
X * into MAGIC mode until after we entered the pattern.
X */
X if (tap[0] == '\0')
X {
X mlwrite("No pattern set");
X return FALSE;
X }
X#if MAGIC
X if ((curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) != 0 &&
X tapcm[0].mc_type == MCNIL)
X {
X if (!mcstr())
X return FALSE;
X }
X#endif
X /* Go search for it...
X */
X do
X {
X#if MAGIC
X if ((magical && curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) != 0)
X status = mcscanner(&tapcm[0], REVERSE, PTBEG);
X else
X#endif
X status = scanner(&tap[0], REVERSE, PTBEG);
X } while ((--n > 0) && status);
X /* ...and complain if not there.
X */
X if (status == FALSE)
X mlwrite("Not found");
X return(status);
X}
X#if MAGIC
X/*
X * mcscanner -- Search for a meta-pattern in either direction.
X */
Xint mcscanner(mcpatrn, direct, beg_or_end)
XMC *mcpatrn; /* pointer into pattern */
Xint direct; /* which way to go.*/
Xint beg_or_end; /* put point at beginning or end of pattern.*/
X{
X register LINE *lastline; /* last line position during scan */
X register int lastoff; /* position within last line */
X LINE *curline; /* current line during scan */
X int curoff; /* position within current line */
X int c; /* (dummy) char at current position */
X /* If we are going in reverse, then the 'end' is actually
X * the beginning of the pattern. Toggle it.
X */
X beg_or_end ^= direct;
X /* Setup local scan pointers to global ".".
X */
X curline = curwp->w_dotp;
X curoff = curwp->w_doto;
X /* Scan each character until we hit the head link record.
X */
X while (!boundry(curline, curoff, direct))
X {
X /* Save the current position in case we need to
X * restore it on a match, and initialize mclen to
X * zero in case we are doing a search for replacement.
X */
X lastline = curline;
X lastoff = curoff;
X mclen = 0;
X if (amatch(mcpatrn, direct, &curline, &curoff))
X {
X /* A SUCCESSFULL MATCH!!!
X * reset the global "." pointers.
X */
X if (beg_or_end == PTEND) /* at end of string */
X {
X curwp->w_dotp = curline;
X curwp->w_doto = curoff;
X }
X else /* at beginning of string */
X {
X curwp->w_dotp = lastline;
X curwp->w_doto = lastoff;
X }
X curwp->w_flag |= WFMOVE; /* flag that we have moved */
X return TRUE;
X }
X /* Advance the cursor.
X */
X c = nextch(&curline, &curoff, direct);
X }
X return FALSE; /* We could not find a match.*/
X}
X/*
X * amatch -- Search for a meta-pattern in either direction. Based on the
X * recursive routine amatch() (for "anchored match") in
X * Kernighan & Plauger's "Software Tools".
X */
Xstatic int amatch(mcptr, direct, pcwline, pcwoff)
Xregister MC *mcptr; /* string to scan for */
Xint direct; /* which way to go.*/
XLINE **pcwline; /* current line during scan */
Xint *pcwoff; /* position within current line */
X{
X register int c; /* character at current position */
X LINE *curline; /* current line during scan */
X int curoff; /* position within current line */
X int nchars;
X /* Set up local scan pointers to ".", and get
X * the current character. Then loop around
X * the pattern pointer until success or failure.
X */
X curline = *pcwline;
X curoff = *pcwoff;
X /* The beginning-of-line and end-of-line metacharacters
X * do not compare against characters, they compare
X * against positions.
X * BOL is guaranteed to be at the start of the pattern
X * for forward searches, and at the end of the pattern
X * for reverse searches. The reverse is true for EOL.
X * So, for a start, we check for them on entry.
X */
X if (mcptr->mc_type == BOL)
X {
X if (curoff != 0)
X return FALSE;
X mcptr++;
X }
X if (mcptr->mc_type == EOL)
X {
X if (curoff != llength(curline))
X return FALSE;
X mcptr++;
X }
X while (mcptr->mc_type != MCNIL)
X {
X c = nextch(&curline, &curoff, direct);
X if (mcptr->mc_type & CLOSURE)
X {
X /* Try to match as many characters as possible
X * against the current meta-character. A
X * newline never matches a closure.
X */
X nchars = 0;
X while (c != '\n' && mceq(c, mcptr))
X {
X c = nextch(&curline, &curoff, direct);
X nchars++;
X }
X /* We are now at the character that made us
X * fail. Try to match the rest of the pattern.
X * Shrink the closure by one for each failure.
X * Since closure matches *zero* or more occurences
X * of a pattern, a match may start even if the
X * previous loop matched no characters.
X */
X mcptr++;
X for (;;)
X {
X c = nextch(&curline, &curoff, direct ^ REVERSE);
X if (amatch(mcptr, direct, &curline, &curoff))
X {
X mclen += nchars;
X goto success;
X }
X if (nchars-- == 0)
X return FALSE;
X }
X }
X else /* Not closure.*/
X {
X /* The only way we'd get a BOL metacharacter
X * at this point is at the end of the reversed pattern.
X * The only way we'd get an EOL metacharacter
X * here is at the end of a regular pattern.
X * So if we match one or the other, and are at
X * the appropriate position, we are guaranteed success
X * (since the next pattern character has to be MCNIL).
X * Before we report success, however, we back up by
X * one character, so as to leave the cursor in the
X * correct position. For example, a search for ")$"
X * will leave the cursor at the end of the line, while
X * a search for ")<NL>" will leave the cursor at the
X * beginning of the next line. This follows the
X * notion that the meta-character '$' (and likewise
X * '^') match positions, not characters.
X */
X if (mcptr->mc_type == BOL)
X if (curoff == llength(curline))
X {
X c = nextch(&curline, &curoff,
X direct ^ REVERSE);
X goto success;
X }
X else
X return FALSE;
X if (mcptr->mc_type == EOL)
X if (curoff == 0)
X {
X c = nextch(&curline, &curoff,
X direct ^ REVERSE);
X goto success;
X }
X else
X return FALSE;
X /* Neither BOL nor EOL, so go through
X * the meta-character equal function.
X */
X if (!mceq(c, mcptr))
X return FALSE;
X }
X /* Increment the length counter and
X * advance the pattern pointer.
X */
X mclen++;
X mcptr++;
X } /* End of mcptr loop.*/
X /* A SUCCESSFULL MATCH!!!
X * Reset the "." pointers.
X */
Xsuccess:
X *pcwline = curline;
X *pcwoff = curoff;
X return TRUE;
X}
X#endif
X/*
X * scanner -- Search for a pattern in either direction.
X */
Xint scanner(patrn, direct, beg_or_end)
Xchar *patrn; /* string to scan for */
Xint direct; /* which way to go.*/
Xint beg_or_end; /* put point at beginning or end of pattern.*/
X{
X register int c; /* character at current position */
X register char *patptr; /* pointer into pattern */
X register LINE *lastline; /* last line position during scan */
X register int lastoff; /* position within last line */
X LINE *curline; /* current line during scan */
X int curoff; /* position within current line */
X LINE *matchline; /* current line during matching */
X int matchoff; /* position in matching line */
X /* If we are going in reverse, then the 'end' is actually
X * the beginning of the pattern. Toggle it.
X */
X beg_or_end ^= direct;
X /* Setup local scan pointers to global ".".
X */
X curline = curwp->w_dotp;
X curoff = curwp->w_doto;
X /* Scan each character until we hit the head link record.
X */
X while (!boundry(curline, curoff, direct))
X {
X /* Save the current position in case we need to
X * restore it on a match.
X */
X lastline = curline;
X lastoff = curoff;
X /* Get the character resolving newlines, and
X * test it against first char in pattern.
X */
X c = nextch(&curline, &curoff, direct);
X if (eq(c, patrn[0])) /* if we find it..*/
X {
X /* Setup match pointers.
X */
X matchline = curline;
X matchoff = curoff;
X patptr = &patrn[0];
X /* Scan through the pattern for a match.
X */
X while (*++patptr != '\0')
X {
X c = nextch(&matchline, &matchoff, direct);
X if (!eq(c, *patptr))
X goto fail;
X }
X /* A SUCCESSFULL MATCH!!!
X * reset the global "." pointers
X */
X if (beg_or_end == PTEND) /* at end of string */
X {
X curwp->w_dotp = matchline;
X curwp->w_doto = matchoff;
X }
X else /* at beginning of string */
X {
X curwp->w_dotp = lastline;
X curwp->w_doto = lastoff;
X }
X curwp->w_flag |= WFMOVE; /* Flag that we have moved.*/
X return TRUE;
X }
Xfail:; /* continue to search */
X }
X return FALSE; /* We could not find a match */
X}
X/*
X * eq -- Compare two characters. The "bc" comes from the buffer, "pc"
X * from the pattern. If we are not in EXACT mode, fold out the case.
X */
Xint eq(bc, pc)
Xregister int bc;
Xregister int pc;
X{
X if ((curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDEXACT) == 0)
X {
X if (islower(bc))
X bc ^= DIFCASE;
X if (islower(pc))
X pc ^= DIFCASE;
X }
X return (bc == pc);
X}
X/*
X * readpattern -- Read a pattern. Stash it in apat. If it is the
X * search string, create the reverse pattern and the magic
X * pattern, assuming we are in MAGIC mode (and defined that way).
X * Apat is not updated if the user types in an empty line. If
X * the user typed an empty line, and there is no old pattern, it is
X * an error. Display the old pattern, in the style of Jeff Lomicka.
X * There is some do-it-yourself control expansion. Change to using
X * <META> to delimit the end-of-pattern to allow <NL>s in the search
X * string.
X */
Xstatic int readpattern(prompt, apat, srch)
Xchar *prompt;
Xchar apat[];
Xint srch;
X{
X int status;
X char tpat[NPAT+20];
X strcpy(tpat, prompt); /* copy prompt to output string */
X strcat(tpat, " ["); /* build new prompt string */
X expandp(&apat[0], &tpat[strlen(tpat)], NPAT/2); /* add old pattern */
X strcat(tpat, "]<META>: ");
X /* Read a pattern. Either we get one,
X * or we just get the META charater, and use the previous pattern.
X * Then, if it's the search string, make a reversed pattern.
X * *Then*, make the meta-pattern, if we are defined that way.
X */
X if ((status = mlreplyt(tpat, tpat, NPAT, metac)) == TRUE)
X {
X strcpy(apat, tpat);
X if (srch) /* If we are doing the search string.*/
X {
X /* Reverse string copy.
X */
X rvstrcpy(tap, apat);
X#if MAGIC
X /* Only make the meta-pattern if in magic mode,
X * since the pattern in question might have an
X * invalid meta combination.
X */
X if ((curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) == 0)
X mcpat[0].mc_type = tapcm[0].mc_type = MCNIL;
X else
X status = mcstr();
X#endif
X }
X }
X else if (status == FALSE && apat[0] != 0) /* Old one */
X status = TRUE;
X return(status);
X}
X/*
X * rvstrcpy -- Reverse string copy.
X */
Xrvstrcpy(rvstr, str)
Xregister char *rvstr, *str;
X{
X register int i;
X str += (i = strlen(str));
X while (i-- > 0)
X *rvstr++ = *--str;
X *rvstr = '\0';
X}
X/*
X * sreplace -- Search and replace.
X */
Xsreplace(f, n)
Xint f; /* default flag */
Xint n; /* # of repetitions wanted */
X{
X return(replaces(FALSE, f, n));
X}
X/*
X * qreplace -- search and replace with query.
X */
Xqreplace(f, n)
Xint f; /* default flag */
Xint n; /* # of repetitions wanted */
X{
X return(replaces(TRUE, f, n));
X}
X/*
X * replaces -- Search for a string and replace it with another
X * string. Query might be enabled (according to kind).
X */
Xstatic int replaces(kind, f, n)
Xint kind; /* Query enabled flag */
Xint f; /* default flag */
Xint n; /* # of repetitions wanted */
X{
X register int i; /* loop index */
X register int status; /* success flag on pattern inputs */
X register int slength,
X rlength; /* length of search and replace strings */
X register int numsub; /* number of substitutions */
X register int nummatch; /* number of found matches */
X int nlflag; /* last char of search string a <NL>? */
X int nlrepl; /* was a replace done on the last line? */
X char tmpc; /* temporary character */
X char c; /* input char for query */
X char tpat[NPAT]; /* temporary to hold search pattern */
X LINE *origline; /* original "." position */
X int origoff; /* and offset (for . query option) */
X LINE *lastline; /* position of last replace and */
X int lastoff; /* offset (for 'u' query option) */
X if (curbp->b_mode & MDVIEW) /* don't allow this command if */
X return(rdonly()); /* we are in read only mode */
X /* Check for negative repetitions.
X */
X if (f && n < 0)
X return(FALSE);
X /* Ask the user for the text of a pattern.
X */
X if ((status = readpattern(
X (kind == FALSE ? "Replace" : "Query replace"), &pat[0], TRUE))
X != TRUE)
X return(status);
X /* Ask for the replacement string.
X */
X if ((status = readpattern("with", &rpat[0], FALSE)) == ABORT)
X return(status);
X /* Find the lengths of the strings.
X */
X slength = strlen(&pat[0]);
X rlength = strlen(&rpat[0]);
X /* Set up flags so we can make sure not to do a recursive
X * replace on the last line.
X */
X nlflag = (pat[slength - 1] == '\n');
X nlrepl = FALSE;
X if (kind)
X {
X /* Build query replace question string.
X */
X strcpy(tpat, "Replace '");
X expandp(&pat[0], &tpat[strlen(tpat)], NPAT/3);
X strcat(tpat, "' with '");
X expandp(&rpat[0], &tpat[strlen(tpat)], NPAT/3);
X strcat(tpat, "'? ");
X /* Initialize last replaced pointers.
X */
X lastline = NULL;
X lastoff = 0;
X }
X /* Save original . position, init the number of matches and
X * substitutions, and scan through the file.
X */
X origline = curwp->w_dotp;
X origoff = curwp->w_doto;
X numsub = 0;
X nummatch = 0;
X while ( (f == FALSE || n > nummatch) &&
X (nlflag == FALSE || nlrepl == FALSE) )
X {
X /* Search for the pattern.
X * If we search with a regular expression, also save
X * the true length of matched string.
X */
X#if MAGIC
X if ((magical && curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDMAGIC) != 0)
X {
X if (!mcscanner(&mcpat[0], FORWARD, PTBEG))
X break;
X slength = mclen;
X }
X else
X#endif
X if (!scanner(&pat[0], FORWARD, PTBEG))
X break; /* all done */
X ++nummatch; /* Increment # of matches */
X /* Check if we are on the last line.
X */
X nlrepl = (lforw(curwp->w_dotp) == curwp->w_bufp->b_linep);
X /* Check for query.
X */
X if (kind)
X {
X /* Get the query.
X */
Xpprompt: mlwrite(&tpat[0], &pat[0], &rpat[0]);
Xqprompt:
X update(); /* show the proposed place to change */
X c = tgetc(); /* and input */
X mlwrite(""); /* and clear it */
X /* And respond appropriately.
X */
X switch (c)
X {
X case 'y': /* yes, substitute */
X case ' ':
X break;
X case 'n': /* no, onword */
X forwchar(FALSE, 1);
X continue;
X case '!': /* yes/stop asking */
X kind = FALSE;
X break;
X case 'u': /* undo last and re-prompt */
X /* Restore old position.
X */
X if (lastline == NULL)
X {
X /* There is nothing to undo.
X */
X TTbeep();
X goto qprompt;
X }
X curwp->w_dotp = lastline;
X curwp->w_doto = lastoff;
X lastline = NULL;
X lastoff = 0;
X /* Delete the new string.
X */
X backchar(FALSE, rlength);
X if (!ldelete(rlength, FALSE))
X {
X mlwrite("%%ERROR while deleting");
X return(FALSE);
X }
X /* And put in the old one.
X */
X for (i = 0; i < slength; i++)
X {
X tmpc = pat[i];
X status = (tmpc == '\n'?
X lnewline():
X linsert(1, tmpc));
X /* Insertion error?
X */
X if (!status)
X {
X mlwrite("%%Out of memory while inserting");
X return(FALSE);
X }
X }
X /* Record one less substitution,
X * backup, and reprompt.
X */
X --numsub;
X backchar(FALSE, slength);
X goto pprompt;
X case '.': /* abort! and return */
X /* restore old position */
X curwp->w_dotp = origline;
X curwp->w_doto = origoff;
X curwp->w_flag |= WFMOVE;
X case BELL: /* abort! and stay */
X mlwrite("Aborted!");
X return(FALSE);
X default: /* bitch and beep */
X TTbeep();
X case '?': /* help me */
X mlwrite(
X"(Y)es, (N)o, (!)Do rest, (U)ndo last, (^G)Abort, (.)Abort back, (?)Help: ");
X goto qprompt;
X } /* end of switch */
X } /* end of "if kind" */
X /*
X * Delete the sucker.
X */
X if (!ldelete(slength, FALSE))
X {
X mlwrite("%%ERROR while deleteing");
X return(FALSE);
X }
X /* And insert its replacement.
X */
X for (i = 0; i < rlength; i++)
X {
X tmpc = rpat[i];
X status = (tmpc == '\n'? lnewline(): linsert(1, tmpc));
X /* Insertion error?
X */
X if (!status)
X {
X mlwrite("%%Out of memory while inserting");
X return(FALSE);
X }
X }
X /* Save where we are if we might undo this....
X */
X if (kind)
X {
X lastline = curwp->w_dotp;
X lastoff = curwp->w_doto;
X }
X numsub++; /* increment # of substitutions */
X }
X /* And report the results.
X */
X mlwrite("%d substitutions", numsub);
X return(TRUE);
X}
X/*
X * expandp -- Expand control key sequences for output.
X */
Xexpandp(srcstr, deststr, maxlength)
Xchar *srcstr; /* string to expand */
Xchar *deststr; /* destination of expanded string */
Xint maxlength; /* maximum chars in destination */
X{
X char c; /* current char to translate */
X /* Scan through the string.
X */
X while ((c = *srcstr++) != 0)
X {
X if (c == '\n') /* it's a newline */
X {
X *deststr++ = '<';
X *deststr++ = 'N';
X *deststr++ = 'L';
X *deststr++ = '>';
X maxlength -= 4;
X }
X else if (c < 0x20 || c == 0x7f) /* control character */
X {
X *deststr++ = '^';
X *deststr++ = c ^ 0x40;
X maxlength -= 2;
X }
X else if (c == '%')
X {
X *deststr++ = '%';
X *deststr++ = '%';
X maxlength -= 2;
X }
X else /* any other character */
X {
X *deststr++ = c;
X maxlength--;
X }
X /* check for maxlength */
X if (maxlength < 4)
X {
X *deststr++ = '$';
X *deststr = '\0';
X return(FALSE);
X }
X }
X *deststr = '\0';
X return(TRUE);
X}
X/*
X * boundry -- Return information depending on whether we may search no
X * further. Beginning of file and end of file are the obvious
X * cases, but we may want to add further optional boundry restrictions
X * in future, a' la VMS EDT. At the moment, just return TRUE or
X * FALSE depending on if a boundry is hit (ouch).
X */
Xint boundry(curline, curoff, dir)
XLINE *curline;
Xint curoff, dir;
X{
X register int border;
X if (dir == FORWARD)
X {
X border = (curoff == llength(curline)) &&
X (lforw(curline) == curbp->b_linep);
X }
X else
X {
X border = (curoff == 0) &&
X (lback(curline) == curbp->b_linep);
X }
X return (border);
X}
X/*
X * nextch -- retrieve the next/previous character in the buffer,
X * and advance/retreat the point.
X * The order in which this is done is significant, and depends
X * upon the direction of the search. Forward searches look at
X * the current character and move, reverse searches move and
X * look at the character.
X */
Xstatic int nextch(pcurline, pcuroff, dir)
XLINE **pcurline;
Xint *pcuroff;
Xint dir;
X{
X register LINE *curline;
X register int curoff;
X register int c;
X curline = *pcurline;
X curoff = *pcuroff;
X if (dir == FORWARD)
X {
X if (curoff == llength(curline)) /* if at EOL */
X {
X curline = lforw(curline); /* skip to next line */
X curoff = 0;
X c = '\n'; /* and return a <NL> */
X }
X else
X c = lgetc(curline, curoff++); /* get the char */
X }
X else /* Reverse.*/
X {
X if (curoff == 0)
X {
X curline = lback(curline);
X curoff = llength(curline);
X c = '\n';
X }
X else
X c = lgetc(curline, --curoff);
X }
X *pcurline = curline;
X *pcuroff = curoff;
X return (c);
X}
X#if MAGIC
X/*
X * mcstr -- Set up the 'magic' array. The closure symbol is taken as
X * a literal character when (1) it is the first character in the
X * pattern, and (2) when preceded by a symbol that does not allow
X * closure, such as a newline, beginning of line symbol, or another
X * closure symbol.
X *
X * Coding comment (jmg): yes, i know i have gotos that are, strictly
X * speaking, unnecessary. But right now we are so cramped for
X * code space that i will grab what i can in order to remain
X * within the 64K limit. C compilers actually do very little
X * in the way of optimizing - they expect you to do that.
X */
Xstatic int mcstr()
X{
X MC *mcptr, *rtpcm;
X char *patptr;
X int mj;
X int pchr;
X int status = TRUE;
X int does_closure = FALSE;
X /* If we had metacharacters in the MC array previously,
X * free up any bitmaps that may have been allocated.
X */
X if (magical)
X freebits();
X magical = FALSE;
X mj = 0;
X mcptr = &mcpat[0];
X patptr = &pat[0];
X while ((pchr = *patptr) && status)
X {
X switch (pchr)
X {
X case MC_CCL:
X status = cclmake(&patptr, mcptr);
X magical = TRUE;
X does_closure = TRUE;
X break;
X case MC_BOL:
X if (mj != 0)
X goto litcase;
X mcptr->mc_type = BOL;
X magical = TRUE;
X does_closure = FALSE;
X break;
X case MC_EOL:
X if (*(patptr + 1) != '\0')
X goto litcase;
X mcptr->mc_type = EOL;
X magical = TRUE;
X does_closure = FALSE;
X break;
X case MC_ANY:
X mcptr->mc_type = ANY;
X magical = TRUE;
X does_closure = TRUE;
X break;
X case MC_CLOSURE:
X /* Does the closure symbol mean closure here?
X * If so, back up to the previous element
X * and indicate it is enclosed.
X */
X if (!does_closure)
X goto litcase;
X mj--;
X mcptr--;
X mcptr->mc_type |= CLOSURE;
X magical = TRUE;
X does_closure = FALSE;
X break;
X /* Note: no break between MC_ESC case and the default.
X */
X case MC_ESC:
X if (*(patptr + 1) != '\0')
X {
X pchr = *++patptr;
X magical = TRUE;
X }
X default:
Xlitcase: mcptr->mc_type = LITCHAR;
X mcptr->u.lchar = pchr;
X does_closure = (pchr != '\n');
X break;
X } /* End of switch.*/
X mcptr++;
X patptr++;
X mj++;
X } /* End of while.*/
X /* Close off the meta-string.
X */
X mcptr->mc_type = MCNIL;
X /* Set up the reverse array, if the status is good. Please note the
X * structure assignment - your compiler may not like that.
X * If the status is not good, nil out the meta-pattern.
X * The only way the status would be bad is from the cclmake()
X * routine, and the bitmap for that member is guarenteed to be
X * freed. So we stomp a MCNIL value there, call freebits() to
X * free any other bitmaps, and set the zeroth array to MCNIL.
X */
X if (status)
X {
X rtpcm = &tapcm[0];
X while (--mj >= 0)
X {
X#if LATTICE
X movmem(--mcptr, rtpcm++, sizeof (MC));
X#endif
X#if MWC86 | AZTEC | MSC | VMS | USG | BSD | V7
X *rtpcm++ = *--mcptr;
X#endif
X }
X rtpcm->mc_type = MCNIL;
X }
X else
X {
X (--mcptr)->mc_type = MCNIL;
X freebits();
X mcpat[0].mc_type = tapcm[0].mc_type = MCNIL;
X }
X return(status);
X}
X/*
X * mceq -- meta-character equality with a character. In Kernighan & Plauger's
X * Software Tools, this is the function omatch(), but i felt there
X * were too many functions with the 'match' name already.
X */
Xstatic int mceq(bc, mt)
Xint bc;
XMC *mt;
X{
X register int result;
X switch (mt->mc_type & MASKCL)
X {
X case LITCHAR:
X result = eq(bc, mt->u.lchar);
X break;
X case ANY:
X result = (bc != '\n');
X break;
X case CCL:
X if (!(result = biteq(bc, mt->u.cclmap)))
X {
X if ((curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDEXACT) == 0 &&
X (isletter(bc)))
X {
X result = biteq(CHCASE(bc), mt->u.cclmap);
X }
X }
X break;
X case NCCL:
X result = !biteq(bc, mt->u.cclmap);
X if ((curwp->w_bufp->b_mode & MDEXACT) == 0 &&
X (isletter(bc)))
X {
X result &= !biteq(CHCASE(bc), mt->u.cclmap);
X }
X break;
X default:
X mlwrite("mceq: what is %d?", mt->mc_type);
X result = FALSE;
X break;
X } /* End of switch.*/
X return (result);
X}
X/*
X * cclmake -- create the bitmap for the character class.
X * ppatptr is left pointing to the end-of-character-class character,
X * so that a loop may automatically increment with safety.
X */
Xstatic int cclmake(ppatptr, mcptr)
Xchar **ppatptr;
XMC *mcptr;
X{
X BITMAP clearbits();
X BITMAP bmap;
X register char *patptr;
X register int pchr, ochr;
X if ((bmap = clearbits()) == NULL)
X {
X mlwrite("%%Out of memory");
X return FALSE;
X }
X mcptr->u.cclmap = bmap;
X patptr = *ppatptr;
X /*
X * Test the initial character(s) in ccl for
X * special cases - negate ccl, or an end ccl
X * character as a first character. Anything
X * else gets set in the bitmap.
X */
X if (*++patptr == MC_NCCL)
X {
X patptr++;
X mcptr->mc_type = NCCL;
X }
X else
X mcptr->mc_type = CCL;
X if ((ochr = *patptr) == MC_ECCL)
X {
X mlwrite("%%No characters in character class");
X return (FALSE);
X }
X else
X {
X if (ochr == MC_ESC)
X ochr = *++patptr;
X setbit(ochr, bmap);
X patptr++;
X }
X while (ochr != '\0' && (pchr = *patptr) != MC_ECCL)
X {
X switch (pchr)
X {
X /* Range character loses its meaning
X * if it is the last character in
X * the class.
X */
X case MC_RCCL:
X if (*(patptr + 1) == MC_ECCL)
X setbit(pchr, bmap);
X else
X {
X pchr = *++patptr;
X while (++ochr <= pchr)
X setbit(ochr, bmap);
X }
X break;
X /* Note: no break between case MC_ESC and the default.
X */
X case MC_ESC:
X pchr = *++patptr;
X default:
X setbit(pchr, bmap);
X break;
X }
X patptr++;
X ochr = pchr;
X }
X *ppatptr = patptr;
X if (ochr == '\0')
X {
X mlwrite("%%Character class not ended");
X free(bmap);
X return FALSE;
X }
X return TRUE;
X}
X/*
X * biteq -- is the character in the bitmap?
X */
Xstatic int biteq(bc, cclmap)
Xint bc;
XBITMAP cclmap;
X{
X if (bc >= HICHAR)
X return FALSE;
X return( (*(cclmap + (bc >> 3)) & BIT(bc & 7))? TRUE: FALSE );
X}
X/*
X * clearbits -- Allocate and zero out a CCL bitmap.
X */
Xstatic BITMAP clearbits()
X{
X char *malloc();
X BITMAP cclstart, cclmap;
X register int j;
X if ((cclmap = cclstart = (BITMAP) malloc(HIBYTE)) != NULL)
X for (j = 0; j < HIBYTE; j++)
X *cclmap++ = 0;
X return (cclstart);
X}
X/*
X * freebits -- Free up any CCL bitmaps.
X */
Xstatic freebits()
X{
X register MC *mcptr;
X mcptr = &mcpat[0];
X while (mcptr->mc_type != MCNIL)
X {
X if ((mcptr->mc_type & MASKCL) == CCL ||
X (mcptr->mc_type & MASKCL) == NCCL)
X free(mcptr->u.cclmap);
X mcptr++;
X }
X}
X/*
X * setbit -- Set a bit (ON only) in the bitmap.
X */
Xstatic setbit(bc, cclmap)
Xint bc;
XBITMAP cclmap;
X{
X if (bc < HICHAR)
X *(cclmap + (bc >> 3)) |= BIT(bc & 7);
X}
X#endif
END_OF_search.c
if test 30773 -ne `wc -c <search.c`; then
echo shar: \"search.c\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of overwriting check
fi
echo shar: End of archive 12 \(of 14\).
cp /dev/null ark12isdone
MISSING=""
for I in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ; do
if test ! -f ark${I}isdone ; then
MISSING="${MISSING} ${I}"
fi
done
if test "${MISSING}" = "" ; then
echo You have unpacked all 14 archives.
echo "See the readme file"
rm -f ark[1-9]isdone ark[1-9][0-9]isdone
else
echo You still need to unpack the following archives:
echo " " ${MISSING}
fi
## End of shell ve arrs;ingsings