New source for Imagen laser printer memory boards.

ch...@spam.istc.sri.com.uucp

Apr 6, 1987, 3:43:19 PM4/6/87

Original message.
-----------------
>> I, recently had the oppertunity to evaluate a memory board for
>>the Imagen IP/II processors. Since this is the first I had heard of an
>>alternative source for Imagen memory I thought I'd share the info with
>>the net. The company's name is Kortex Systems and in case you want to
>>contact them their phone numbers are (415)-961-4411 or (415)-969-4053.
>>They sell both a 4 meg and a 3 Meg board, I tried out the 4 Meg board
>>in our 8/300 and our 3320 Imagen printers, both printers sit on our
>>local ether net. In the past large jobs (100+ pages) would come out
>>in reverse order and you would have to collilate the pages manually,
>>with the 4 meg board in the system I couldn't find a listing large enough
>>to use up all of the memory. We used the board in both systems for a
>>week and saw no problems with it. The 4 Meg board retails for $1795 with
>>discouts for non-profit and educational groups. The last time I checked
>>the largest board Imagen sold was a 3 Meg one and it was going for $1900.
>>
>> Chris

Several folks have asked me for Kortex Systems address and
pointed out that I had several typo's and misspelled words in my first
message. Kortex System's address is: 1561 Elmhurst Dr. Los Altos, CA
94022. Below is a corrected version of my earlier message, please note
that the 4 meg board is listed for $1900 not $1795. Sorry for the erroneous
information in my earlier note.

I recently had the opportunity to evaluate a memory board for
the Imagen IP/II processors. Since this is the first I had heard of an
alternative source for Imagen memory I thought I'd share the info with
the net. The company's name is Kortex Systems and in case you want to
contact them their phone numbers are (415)-961-4411 or (415)-969-4053.
They sell both a 4 meg and a 3 Meg board, I tried out the 4 Meg board
in our 8/300 and our 3320 Imagen printers, both printers sit on our
local ethernet. In the past, large jobs (100+ pages) would come out
in reverse order and you would have to collate the pages manually.
With the 4 meg board in the system I couldn't find a listing large enough
to use up all of the memory. We used the board in both systems for a
week and no problems were encountered. The 4 Meg board retails for $1900
with discounts for non-profit and educational groups. For more information
please contact the folks at Kortex Systems, I have no association with the
company.

Chris