It is this that brings us together. (Sorry, it's a hook!)

Love-Houn...@eddie.mit.edu.uucp

Apr 23, 1987, 3:00:00 PM4/23/87
Really-From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS...@wiscvm.wisc.edu

For the record, IED has been thinking about that
vicious review of the Ferry Aid single which he
posted in L-Hs a couple of weeks ago, and he has
decided that it was really over the top. Whether it
was written in the belief that it bore no relation
to the disaster itself or not, there's no denying
that it had the effect of ridiculing the whole event,
not just the artistic result. For that he apologizes.

>Date: Wed, 22 Apr 87 16:36:25 EST
>From: hof...@nrl-css.arpa (James B. Hofmann)
>Subject: Yeah, you guys with the tape
>better watch it or Tim is gonna put the new A-Ha and AlphaVille
>stuff on there. So STRAIGHTEN UP AND WALK STRAIGHT, IED, THE
>LORD IS WATCHING YOUR EVERY MOVE WAITING TO SQUASH YOU IF "YOU"
>DONT TALK AND THINK LIKE A WHITE HETEROSEXUAL DRUNK MAN!!!!!!#$@#$@#^%
>
>-- Hofboy

IED studied the above for some time before deciding
that he just didn't understand it. What are you talking about, Hofboy?
Is it an attempt to solicit information about IED's sexual
proclivities? Believe him, you don't want to know. "...there are
some secrets too dark to let out...to let go of...to get over."
If Tim wants to put a-ha and Alphaville on the tape, by all means let him
do so. Anyway, IED liked "Big in Japan", sort of. He didn't even mind
"Take on Me" -- as long as it stayed on AM and TV.

>From: ho...@p.cs.uiuc.edu (John Hogge)
>I suspect that out site has been missing some love-hounds mail. How
>exactly is this compilation tape mailing list going to work?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--John

>If it's not too late please add me to the LH tape compilation list :
>Thanx.
>
>PS - I assume everyone is using Dolby B?
>
>-- Tom R. Loden

To answer the continuing questions, the Love-Hounds KompilaTion
tape is an ongoing project to help disseminate various members'
taste in music. Each contributor is asked to record no more than
twelve minutes of music (unless he/she wants to add another tape
to the package, in which case he/she can put down as much as
desired), and then send it on to the next L-H on the list.
So, John, if you want to receive it, better send IED or L-Hs your
address. (That goes for Walter Henry, too.) With any luck you'll receive
it by December '92 at the latest. And no, Tom, you can't count on
Dolby B. People will use whatever NR they've got, which may be none.
This tape is no hi-fi product.

Here is the latest list (the tape is already on to number 3!):

1. Andrew Marvick
10499 Wilkins Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90024

2. Mark Kat(e)souros
1807 Fox St. #104
Adelphi, MD 20783-2353

3. john labovitz
3314 farthing drive
silver spring, maryland 20906

4. Gregory Taylor/602 Russell St./Madison,
602 Russell Street
Madison, WI 53704

5. Joe Testa
196 W. 11th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210

6. Peter E. Lee
24 Puffton Village
Amherst, MA 01002

7. Joe Turner
329 Ward Street
Newton Center, MA 02139
(617) 965-8058/969-5993

8. Mark Ganzer
4670 Chateau Dr
San Diego, CA 92117

9. Walter Henry
xb....@forsyth.stanford.edu <ARPA>
(address needed)

10. Dan Hall
71 High St, Apt 2T
Exeter, NH 03833-2908

11. Andrew Elliott
70 Caliente
Reno Nevada 89509
(702) 786-8762

12. Peter Alfke
341 S. Holliston
Pasadena, CA 91106

13. Sue Trowbridge
4401 Roland Avenue
Apartment 215
Baltimore, MD 21210

14. Phil Stephens
4066 Yellowstone Drive,
San Jose, Cal 95130

15. Craig M. Kanarick
97 Willard Road
Brookline, MA 02146

16. Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinb...@Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
AIAI
University of Edinburgh
80 South Bridge
Edinburgh EH1 1HN
Scotland

17. Bob Krovetz <Kro...@umass.csnet>, <Kro...@umass.bitnet>
285 Main St., Apt. 1
Amherst, MA. 01002

18. Nathan Hess
728 East Commonwealth Place
Chandler, AZ 85225

19. Tom R. Loden
14 Rockwell St.
Cambridge, MA 02139

20. John Hogge
(address needed)

By the way, for anyone considering the outlandish
possibility of PAYING for his/her Kate Bush news, there is
a lot of KT fan activity in the world today. Here are the
addresses of the fanzines (aside from Love-Hounds, which
of course transcends earthbound addresses)
currently in operation or planning first issues soon:

1. The Kate Bush Club
Attn.: Lisa
P.O. Box 120
Welling, Kent
DA16-3DS ENGLAND

2. Homeground
Peter Fitzgerald-Morris, Krystina Fitzgerald, Dave Cross and Sharon
P.O. Box 176
Orpington, Kent
BR5-3NA ENGLAND

3. Break-Through