Looking for minimal perfect hash functions.

jo...@ima.uucp

Jan 25, 1987, 5:30:37 AM1/25/87

Has anyone implemented a program for finding minimal perfect hashing
functions? The best reference that I have for them is CACM May '85 "A
Polynomial Time Generator for Minimal Perfect Hash Functions". The
algorithm is somewhat lengthy (and messy) so I would really not like
to have to re-invent the wheel. If you have such a beastie, could you
please send me a copy? Thanks. And maybe mod.sources would like a
copy too.

Thanks in advance,
Tony ;-)
[I haven't seen anything since then, but as always encourage submissions
from readers. -John]
--
Send compilers articles to ima!compilers or, in a pinch, to Lev...@YALE.EDU
Plausible paths are { ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale | cca}!ima