parsing C

jo...@ima.uucp

Dec 11, 1986, 11:48:33 AM12/11/86
Silly me. Like yourself, I've never seen a practical parser which is
a time bottle-neck. I *meant* to say that I was worried about space-
efficiency. I had thought that building a parser by hand would result
in a smaller compiler - the trade-off being the time taken to build and
debug such a beast. Now I'm not so sure, since by the time I
annotate the recursive-descent code with enough flags to be able to make
interesting semantic distinctions of the parse, I might end up with about
the same amount of code. Any comments on that front?

thank you,
Paul Tarvydas
...utcsri!tarvydas
--
Send compilers mail to ima!compilers or, in a pinch to Lev...@YALE.EDU
Plausible paths are { ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale | bbncca}!ima