Toy compiler available

jo...@ima.uucp

Dec 8, 1986, 1:31:23 PM12/8/86
I have a short (500 lines of C) toy compiler that might be of interest
of others. It eats a sort of mini-ALGOL (called FOOGOL IV) and
produces VAX UNIX assebler source. The compiler is based on the VALGOL
I compiler by G.A. Edgar in Dr. Dobb's Journal May 1985.

I beleive it could be of interest for people who have just begun
hacking compilers, and want to see how recursive-descent works, or
learn by featurize it.

Is mod.sources the right place to send it? Or what?

--Per Lindberg (The mad programmer strikes again!)
...seismo!enea!suadb!lindberg
--
Send compilers mail to ima!compilers or, in a pinch to Lev...@YALE.EDU
Plausible paths are { ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale | bbncca}!ima