net.music

ber

May 7, 1984, 10:47:36 AM5/7/84
Summary of net.music for weeks: Fri Apr 20 through to Fri May 4.
Sean Byrne (garfield!sean)

There were 288 articles (in two weeks! thats 20 articles/day!).

Start of:
The Monkey
- does the monkey have any special significance in
reggae music?
- of course this went on to become a discussion of
the group "The Monkees".
Favorite bass/guitar player + flame (from me) to stop all this
name dropping.
- 2nd and 3rd of the motion seemed to bring a stop to this.
"no wave" vs. New Wave
More music quizzes.
Why do people listen to Michael Jackoff?
"pan flute" music: Zamfir, sort of review
Is 4/4 common, or 6/8, or 7/4, or ...
Sales comparisons: Thiller - MJ and Dark Side of the Moon - PF.
Gamelan music: an explanation
Punk Rock & Wavopop: more labels to stick of musics people
Attacks on Rush, Loverboy, Journey, The Rolling Stones, Supertramp.
- attack and defence by fans. pretty unproductive.
Count Basie is dead, long live Count Basie.
BIG FLAMES: net.music.classical
- has been created
- lot of mixed (strong) opinions
Marvin Gaye: How did he die?
- his father killed him.
Usual attacks on Rich Rosen.
- yep, time for a net.music.rosen
Classical vs. Rock Musics:
- just who are the snobs here?
Absolute Pitch:
- do you have this ability or only relative pitch
like us mortals.

Continuations:
THE SPLIT

Reviews:
Concerts:
The Cramps in Santa Cruz.
Records:
"Fresh Fish" Mason Williams
Groups/People:
Steve Hackett
Peter Gabriel
Jethro Tull
John Cage (review + discussion)

For sale:
Nothing.

Wanted:
Looking for "Dragnet" and "Totally Wired" by the Fall.
Searching for "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams.
English translation of "Der Komissar"
Trying to form a band in NJ area.
Lyrics to "Plastic Jesus"
Looking for guitaist in SF-Bay area: Terry Haggerty
Looking for group who did "We're all Boat People"

ber

May 8, 1984, 5:34:50 AM5/8/84