Pagespeed causing broken CSS file

Jason Carlton

Jul 4, 2022, 2:33:17 PM7/4/22
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I have a CSS file at:

/includes/css/styles.css

It usually works fine, but yesterday it started breaking. I see that pagespeed is modifying the link to:

/includes/css/A.styles.css,qh=1616175274.pagespeed.cf.XpobYhYkgY.css

And the error log says:

[mod_pagespeed 1.13.35.2-0 @4190] A.styles.css,qh=1616175274:0: Resource based on https://www.example.com/includes/css/styles.css?h=1616175274 but cannot access the original

[mod_pagespeed 1.13.35.2-0 @4190] [0702/171958:WARNING:resource_fetch.cc(195)] Fetch failed for resource url https://www.example.com/includes/css/A.styles.css,qh=1616175274.pagespeed.cf.XpobYhYkgY.css

[mod_pagespeed 1.13.35.2-0 @4190] Fetch failed for https://www.example.com/includes/css/A.styles.css,qh=1616175274.pagespeed.cf.XpobYhYkgY.css, status=404

[mod_pagespeed 1.13.35.2-0 @4190] https://www.example.com/includes/css/A.styles.css,qh=1616175274.pagespeed.cf.XpobYhYkgY.css resource_404_count: not found (404)

I can use ModPagespeedDisallow to disallow the directory, and then it's not broken anymore. But then, of course, I lose the advantage of pagespeed!

Any other suggestions on how to make it work, or to trace down why it stopped working in the first place?

Longinos

Jul 6, 2022, 5:49:38 AM7/6/22
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Messages says pagespeed can't found the original file....
And I see the resource is fetched via http request.
How have you configured https fetch?
Is the https version of the site authorized?

Jason Carlton

Jul 6, 2022, 1:12:29 PM7/6/22
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
What do you mean by "authorized"?

I don't have any specific configuration regarding HTTPS, but I understand that FetchHttps is on by default:

Longinos

Jul 7, 2022, 12:45:32 PM7/7/22
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Is enable, but need some additional config, like:
# Certificate Authorities directory, not your domain SSL keys
ModPagespeedSslCertDirectory directory
# Web Server's HTTPS client SSL key, not your domain SSL keys
ModPagespeedSslCertFile file

This last is not needed if the linux distro is Debian/Ubuntu.

Think pagespeed fetch is like a browser, to navigate to a https site, you need the CA certificates.