Google Page Speed Tool / Shopware / Nginx / Ubuntu 18.04.

Markus Walter

Apr 19, 2021, 6:56:47 AMApr 19
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi there,
we are  running a Shopware-Shop at a Nginx Server - unfortunately the site speed e.g. on mobile is very poor - now thinking about the google page speed module for nginx - but the documententation is ending at Ubuntu 12 - does anybody have any experiences in installing this module for a shopware installation at a Nginx with Ubuntu 18.06 ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Markus

das apartment living

Longinos

Apr 22, 2021, 11:52:49 AMApr 22
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi
I have no experience with ubuntu, in in the github repo there are issues with ubuntu 18, so people make it work with latest version of ubuntu.

sh...@salonguru.net

Apr 22, 2021, 8:07:10 PMApr 22
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Markus,

Yes the documentation for Nginx at least VERY out of date indeed.

I have experience with Ubuntu and we have been using pagespeed in production with Nginx for a long time without issues and this includes Ubuntu v18.04+ & . The latest build ( 1.14.36.1) isn't easy to compile because the libraries are in beta (although I do have some instructions if you want them). The Ubuntu 12+ instructions are still valid for Ubuntu 18+: https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source

I briefly checked the auto-installer and it looks like it should still work (for the earlier version). If not the manual install (compiling from source), is possible and stable. I always compile from source.

Shane :)