I am trying to get my Kadence site to pass 90 Page Speed score, and have a few questions. I have a few questions:
1. What are the pros and cons of using CODE SNIPPETS Plugin instead of GTM ? It seems like managing everything would be much easier with CODE SNIPPETS, because I am able to see them inside of my WP admin, however, I am unclear on what the point is for having GTM (Google Tag Manager)? I must be missing something? Most of my sites are smaller sites, and not large corporation sites, so I don't have any problem of getting access to FTP to change scripts, etc, is that the biggest pro for GTM? I want to keep my site as lightweight as possible. I use WP ROCKET, and also, they have ADD ON options which load FB PIXEL and GA locally, and their support staff says it doesn't work with GTM : /
2. How do I add the GA code properly to CODE SNIPPETS? Does it have to be in the head and the body?
3. How do I add the GTM code properly to CODE SNIPPETS, if I decide to use GTM as well?
6. WP ROCKET LAZY LOAD, what's the default best practice here, should I check this or no? I thought Wordpress 7.2 is lazy loading all images by default now? Even when I do check this option, I am still getting errors in page speed test saying I should lazy load images on my site, so I am unsure if that even works?
7. Kadence Theme has an option to LOAD GOOGLE FONTS LOCALLY, can anyone offer a simple explanation or some stepwise instructions on how to do that? I am using Digital Ocean Cloudways Hosting. I use CLOUDFLARE for caching.
8. Does anyone have smart suggestions for developing on a WP site and minimizing latency when updating a page?
9. What is the meaning of life? 😉