metaTiling with transparency in PNG8 output tiles ?

Ludovic

May 6, 2011, 4:22:26 AM5/6/11
to mod-geocache
Hi list,
One question before installing mod-geocache.
My WMS server is configured –with-experimental-png option to produce
PNG8 with alpha transparency.
Will the metaTiling option of mod-geocahe correctly preserve
tranparency in each PNG8 tile?
Thanks for your help.

thomas bonfort

May 6, 2011, 4:30:18 AM5/6/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
mod-geocache has the same quantization algorithm as mapserver with
--enable-experimantal-png.
If you are doing metatiles and want to produce png8 images, you should
set mapserver to produce full rgb images (i.e. with no
quantize_force), and let mod-geocache do the quantization once it has
chopped the metatile into tiles with

--
thomas

Ludovic

May 6, 2011, 5:38:01 AM5/6/11
to mod-geocache
Thanks for your answer.
But i'll be faced with tiles with potentially not exactly the same
colors. Will i be able to define e predifined palette file?

thomas bonfort

May 6, 2011, 6:42:16 AM5/6/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
if you are using mapserver with a fixed palette , you should be fine .
use the "png8" format in mod-geocache, it will keep the colors of the
image that was created in mapserver.

--
thomas

Ludovic Gnemmi