Old aprutil issue.

Jerl

Aug 9, 2011, 8:51:47 AM8/9/11
to mod-geocache
I've seen there are a couple issues with building against older apr-
util versions, but it looked like some of those have been resolved.
I'm wondering if someone can help me with what I'm facing now.

When I run configure:
./configure \
--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs \
--with-apr-config=/usr/bin/apr-1-config \
--with-apu-config=/usr/bin/apu-1-config

It ends up failing with the following output for the last few lines.

checking for apr-config usability in /usr/bin/apr-1-config... yes
checking for apu-config usability in /usr/bin/apu-1-config... yes
checking for apr_memcache_hash in -laprutil-1... no
checking for apr_memcache_hash in -laprutil... no
configure: error: unable to link to apr-util

apr-1-config --version
1.2.7

Unfortunately we're on a RHEL box and are fairly well bound to the yum
repositories and current versions.
Is there another method for building the package that will get me past
this issue?

I was thinking about downloading the apr-util source, doing a local
build and linking to it directly. But not sure if that will cause
other issues with compatibility.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Peter Hopfgartner

Aug 10, 2011, 4:04:25 AM8/10/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
On 08/09/2011 02:51 PM, Jerl wrote:
> I've seen there are a couple issues with building against older apr-
> util versions, but it looked like some of those have been resolved.
> I'm wondering if someone can help me with what I'm facing now.
>
> When I run configure:
> ./configure \
> --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs \
> --with-apr-config=/usr/bin/apr-1-config \
> --with-apu-config=/usr/bin/apu-1-config
>
> It ends up failing with the following output for the last few lines.
>
> checking for apr-config usability in /usr/bin/apr-1-config... yes
> checking for apu-config usability in /usr/bin/apu-1-config... yes
> checking for apr_memcache_hash in -laprutil-1... no
> checking for apr_memcache_hash in -laprutil... no
> configure: error: unable to link to apr-util
>
> apr-1-config --version
> 1.2.7
>
> Unfortunately we're on a RHEL box and are fairly well bound to the yum
> repositories and current versions.
You could try to download the package from ELGIS,
http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/testing/5/elgis/SRPMS/repoview/mod_geocache.html.
A SPEC file for 0.4 is attached.

> Is there another method for building the package that will get me past
> this issue?
>
> I was thinking about downloading the apr-util source, doing a local
> build and linking to it directly. But not sure if that will cause
> other issues with compatibility.
>
> Thanks for any help you may provide.

Peter
mod_geocache.spec

thomas bonfort

Aug 10, 2011, 6:58:40 AM8/10/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com

It is not a good idea to compile against another version of apr/apr-util than the one Apache is running on as you'll very probably run into problems at runtime.
Please open a ticket so that the autoconf script correctly treats the case where a too old apr-util is found.
Thomas

thomas bonfort

Aug 11, 2011, 3:54:02 AM8/11/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Jerl,
I've just commited a fix to the autoconf script which will not make it
fail in case the memcache functions are missing in the supplied
apr-util (the memcache backend will of course be disabled in that
case)

trunk only.

regards,
thomas

JS

Aug 11, 2011, 8:05:12 AM8/11/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas!! I'll check it out.

JS

Aug 15, 2011, 8:11:17 AM8/15/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
That worked much better, thanks.

One thing I noticed, the configure script ran fine without disabling sqlite, but make failed with sqlite errors.  I set --with-sqlite=no and re-ran configure, then make was OK.  Maybe a check for sqlite during configure?
Also might put something in INSTALL about needing to run autoconf on the svn checkout to get the configure script.

I hope to get a chance to actually set this up on our server in the next few days.

Thanks!!

Jerl

thomas bonfort

Aug 15, 2011, 8:18:57 AM8/15/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Jerl,
can you post the message you get at compile time regarding the sqlite errors?

tks,
thomas

JS

Aug 15, 2011, 8:35:37 AM8/15/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Of course.

So I noticed there IS a check, something else must be going on.  Looks like we have version sqlite 3.3.6

From configure:

checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3... yes
checking sqlite3.h usability... yes
checking sqlite3.h presence... yes
checking for sqlite3.h... yes
using libsqlite3 from system libs.

From make:

 gcc -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -pthread -O2 -Wall -fPIC -DHAVE_SYMLINK -DNDEBUG -I../include -DTHREADED_MPM=0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/apr-1 -I/usr/include/apr-1 -DUSE_PCRE -DUSE_OGR -DUSE_SQLITE -c cache_sqlite.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/cache_sqlite.o
cache_sqlite.c: In function '_get_conn':
cache_sqlite.c:67: error: 'SQLITE_OPEN_READONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
cache_sqlite.c:67: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cache_sqlite.c:67: error: for each function it appears in.)
cache_sqlite.c:69: error: 'SQLITE_OPEN_READWRITE' undeclared (first use in this function)
cache_sqlite.c:69: error: 'SQLITE_OPEN_CREATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
cache_sqlite.c:72: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sqlite3_open_v2'
cache_sqlite.c: In function '_geocache_cache_sqlite_configuration_post_config':
cache_sqlite.c:309: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
make[1]: *** [cache_sqlite.o] Error 1

thomas bonfort

Aug 15, 2011, 8:56:06 AM8/15/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com

JS

Aug 15, 2011, 8:59:40 AM8/15/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm, thank you.

from configure:
configure: error: SQLITE library found but is too old. Need at least 3.5.0

Jerl