Max number of layers (source and tileset sections) in the same config file

Arturo

Jun 12, 2011, 11:24:45 PM6/12/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I recently found your project and I am very interested in evaluating it. I currently use TileCache + mod_python with almost 2000 layers, in the future I hope to publish 3000 new layers.

I have some questions,

1. Do you think that the current implementation can work with this number of layers?
2. Can I use more than one instance of the service in the same instance of Apache?, for example, by setting various <Location /name>... sections in the same Apache config file.

Thanks.

thomas bonfort

Jun 13, 2011, 4:47:06 AM6/13/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com

Le 13 juin 2011 05:24, "Arturo" <ato...@conabio.gob.mx> a écrit :

> Hi
> I recently found your project and I am very interested in evaluating it. I currently use TileCache + mod_python with almost 2000 layers, in the future I hope to publish 3000 new layers.
>
> I have some questions,
>
> 1. Do you think that the current implementation can work with this number of layers?

The number of layers is not limited so that should not be a problem. Note that contrarily to tilecache, mod-geocache supports dimensions natively, so you do not have to create a new layer for each dimension value. (E.g you can have ...&layer=ortho&year=2010 instead of layer=ortho-2010). This usually greatly limits the number of layers you have to configure.
> 2. Can I use more than one instance of the service in the same instance of Apache?, for example, by setting various <Location /name>... sections in the same Apache config file?
Yes

> Thanks.

Arturo

Jun 13, 2011, 9:17:00 PM6/13/11