Review request for Mockito IntelliJ plugin feature candidates

Balog Tamás

Jun 28, 2021, 6:43:09 AM6/28/21
to mockito
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the planning phase of creating an IntelliJ plugin for Mockito and I'd like to ask for your help and insight.

I put together a document (https://github.com/picimako/mockito-intellij-plugin/blob/master/CANDIDATES.md) with code snippets, notes and questions, and before I start to implement almost anything, I would like to ask for a review of them whether they are correct/incorrect, could be better, different, etc.

It is not urgent, so if anyone from the Mockito team is up for the challenge, please take your time. :)

The location of feedback doesn't really matter for me, either in Google Groups, on a GitHub issue, or anywhere else you'd prefer.

Thank you very much!

Tamás

Brice Dutheil

Jul 9, 2021, 8:51:27 AM7/9/21
to moc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tamás

I think this is a great idea. In my opinion, using GitHub is better as the mailing-list is now a lot less active.
Moreover it's easier to link people and code.

Regarding your document I think you should consider first evident inspections in a first version. If there are questions, it may mean usage of the API may be ambivalent, or require more context be considered.

One thing that popped in my mind is the usage of experimental APIs, annotated by `@Experimental`.

-- Brice

Balog Tamás

Jul 11, 2021, 4:45:57 PM7/11/21
to mockito
Yeah, I wanted to start with the more evident ones but that's a good point. Discussion can happen during or after about the trickier ones.

IntelliJ has an inspection for marking experimental code but I'm not sure based one what. I will look into that, maybe it could be customized.

Tamás

Balog Tamás

Dec 6, 2021, 7:46:27 PM12/6/21
to mockito
Hi again!

A few days ago I released the first version of the plugin. You can find it at https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/18117-mockitools and https://github.com/picimako/mockitools

I'm in the planning phase for the next release, so any constructive feedback or idea is welcome.