Cannot mock this class mockito-inline 3.6.28

Aishwarya K

Feb 12, 2021, 4:07:59 PM2/12/21
to mockito
Hi, I wanted to use `mockito-inline` to mock some final methods from other libraries (Not ideal, I know). Once I replaced `mockito-core` with `mockito-inline`  100s of unit tests started failing. Saw 3 unique issues mentioned below:

1. Cannot mock this class
Code where things fail: Mockito.spy(dbi.open(DaoClassname.class));
and dbi has a connection to a db running in  embedded maria db process

org.mockito.exceptions.base.MockitoException:
Mockito cannot mock this class: class org.skife.jdbi.v2.sqlobject.CloseInternalDoNotUseThisClass$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$431b21c8.

If you're not sure why you're getting this error, please report to the mailing list.

Java               : 1.8
JVM vendor name    : Oracle Corporation
JVM vendor version : 25.241-b07
JVM name           : Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
JVM version        : 1.8.0_241-b07
JVM info           : mixed mode
OS name            : Mac OS X
OS version         : 10.15.7

2. Issues regarding static mocking (I did find a workaround to this and it seems like a bug)
BDDMockito.given(static method call).willReturn(an object);
started failing with below error

org.mockito.exceptions.misusing.NotAMockException: Argument should be a mock, but is: class java.lang.Class

3. Issues verifying static method mocking

org.mockito.exceptions.misusing.NotAMockException:
Argument passed to verify() is of type Class and is not a mock!
Make sure you place the parenthesis correctly!
See the examples of correct verifications:
    verify(mock).someMethod();
    verify(mock, times(10)).someMethod();
    verify(mock, atLeastOnce()).someMethod();

I have found a workaround for #2 and looking for more input on #1 and #3 . Any help is appreciated.

Thanks