Re: Official support TestNG with mockito-testng artifact

Szczepan Faber

Aug 1, 2018, 12:28:43 AM8/1/18
to Sergii Kabashniuk, Mario Loriedo, Roman Iuvshyn, mocki...@googlegroups.com
cc mockito-dev

I pushed the TestNG integration to a separate repo: https://github.com/mockito/mockito-testng and published an initial version 0.0.1.

I put a summary of the plan in this ticket: https://github.com/mockito/mockito/issues/962

Please check it out and share thoughts.

We need help maintaining it :) Are you up for this?

Cheers!

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:58 PM, Sergii Kabashniuk <skab...@redhat.com> wrote:
Thank you, Szczepan

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:41 PM Szczepan Faber <szcz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for reaching out! Let's get mockito-testng to Maven Central. It is not there today because nobody asks for it often enough so we deprioritized.

I will work on cleaning up the code and getting it to central. This is the issue for tracking: https://github.com/mockito/mockito/issues/962 .
That is a great news.
I will be ready in a couple of days. When I am, can you help me and test it with your projects? We don't use TestNG and we have limited ways of testing it.

Also, will you be interested in collaborating on the code? I'm not sure how much coding/changes is needed. We'd love some help from someone who uses TestNG.

Cheers!

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 2:24 AM, Sergii Kabashniuk <skab...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hello Szczepan

I have one question for you regarding Mockito project.
As part of my work in Red Hat on Eclipse Che opensource project,
I'm working on a move of artifacts from our custom Nexus to Maven Central. Doing that
I've noticed that we are using unofficial packaging of

Ideally, we should use artifacts provided by Mockito projects from central.
But for some reason https://github.com/mockito/mockito/issues/300 this issue is not moving.

Can you tell me if it's just a technical issue so we can collaborate and I or you,
whatever is preferred for you, can create a pr and with next Mockito release we will have this artifact on Central or there is a non-technical reason behind this and I should seek for the alternative solution for Eclipse Che project?

--

Sergii Kabashniuk

Principal Software Engineer, DevTools

Red Hat Ukraine

skaba...@redhat.com

--
Szczepan Faber
Creator of Mockito | Tech Lead at LinkedIn | Maker of Open Source on GitHub

--

Sergii Kabashniuk

Principal Software Engineer, DevTools

Red Hat Ukraine

skaba...@redhat.com

--
Szczepan Faber
Creator of Mockito | Tech Lead at LinkedIn | Maker of Open Source on GitHub
Check out how to give great code reviews. You will be glad you did!

Tim van der Lippe

Aug 1, 2018, 4:06:27 AM8/1/18
to mocki...@googlegroups.com, Mario Loriedo, Roman Iuvshyn, Sergii Kabashniuk
We can use the same structure as with mockito-scala. I am not familiar with TestNG, so I can not maintain it.

Sergii Kabashniuk

Aug 3, 2018, 6:38:11 AM8/3/18
to tvande...@gmail.com, mocki...@googlegroups.com, Mario Loriedo, Roman Iuvshyn
Hello.
I can try to help in case if someone has any questions.
We are using MockitoTestNGListener in Eclipse Che project since 2012
I've checked mockito/mockito-testng 0.0.2 against our codebase and it works just fine.

Sergii Kabashniuk

Aug 6, 2018, 2:59:01 AM8/6/18
to Tim van der Lippe, mocki...@googlegroups.com, Mario Loriedo, Roman Iuvshyn
Hello Szczepan
I saw that mockito-testng 0.0.2 was released on bintray.
Can it be released on Maven Central as well?

Szczepan Faber

Aug 7, 2018, 11:11:53 PM8/7/18
to mocki...@googlegroups.com, Tim van der Lippe, Mario Loriedo, Roman Iuvshyn
Can it be released on Maven Central as well?

Yes, I'm planning to do that. Wanted to hear if it works first :)

Cheers!

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mockito-dev.