Future plans/timeline for Mochikit?

Masklinn

Mar 11, 2010, 4:18:37 AM3/11/10
to MochiKit
I only recently discovered that, as opposed to what the website itself
let believe (release feed, official blog, and even Bob's blog),
MochiKit was not unmaintained since November 2008, and that there was
in fact quite a bit of activity on 1.4.3 and 1.5 branches, and even a
sizzle/selectors branch.

So my question is, is there any timeline for the 1.4.3 release, and
further down the line for 1.5?

Per Cederberg

Mar 11, 2010, 2:19:14 PM3/11/10
to MochiKit
No, there is no timeline. I planned a 1.4.3 bugfix release, but
haven't noted any particular interest for it. Seems most people (like
me) just use the svn trunk version right now.

On the topic of version 1.5, it seems work on it has mostly paused.
Some additions are included, but my own time for MochiKit work has
been cut down to next-to-nothing for about a year now. And no end in
sight. There are a bunch of additions floating around here and there,
but most need some polishing in the form of tests & documentation in
order to be properly included.

Cheers,

/Per

alx242

Mar 29, 2010, 10:39:11 AM3/29/10
to MochiKit
I strongly encourage you to continue. MochiKit is by far the best
implementation of a js-framework I have seen as of yet...most others
have weird structure and don't do it python-esque-enough...:)

/Alex