Async Deferred discussion

Fredrik Blomqvist

Dec 10, 2010, 4:34:20 AM12/10/10
to MochiKit
Hi,
Since MochiKit pioneered JavaScript implementation of the Deferred
pattern I thought I'd make you aware of two current discussions
regarding this on the Google Closure library mailing list.
(Google's initial Deferred impl is actually a port from MochiKit, see
http://code.google.com/p/closure-library/source/browse/#svn/trunk/third_party/closure/goog/mochikit/async).

"returning undefined from a Deferred callback/errback"
http://groups.google.com/group/closure-library-discuss/browse_thread/thread/bea5c42a8ae193ab

"Proposed alternative implementation for goog.async.Deferred"
http://groups.google.com/group/closure-library-discuss/browse_thread/thread/1c0e2649d05ffbdf

In the first thread you can for example find a suggestion (and MK
patch) by me to make callbacks propagate the previous result in case
the callback returns undefined.

Regards
// Fredrik Blomqvist