Custom failure messages

Julie Anne Moore

Oct 23, 2019, 11:25:10 AM10/23/19
to mocha-developer
To make tests easier to read would it be possible to allow custom failure messages?

I find sometimes expects in tests are not clear why they are there.

And when they fail you really have to examine the failure message and code to figure out what failed and why.

I think it would be helpful at the time of writing the test if the developer code add custom failure messages to make the expects clearer as to what it is testing and why it failed.

floehopper

Oct 23, 2019, 11:28:58 AM10/23/19
to mocha-developer
Hi Julie,

We're managing issues on the GitHub repo these days, so I've taken the liberty of creating a new issue [1] on your behalf. I hope that's OK. We'll try to get back to you as soon as we can.

Regards, James.