Bug report + a few questions

Colin

Mar 9, 2011, 11:44:15 AM3/9/11
to moca-users
Hello,

I have checked out and been looking at the code from both
release-1.0.x and the trunk. I can build and put both on my Droid X
without any difficulty. The code in 1.0.x feels newer, but the wiki
says development should be done against the trunk. Specifically, I've
been looking at activity/Moca.java and methods like
doUpdatePatientDatabase. The version in trunk shares the same
ProgressDialog across threads and (presumably as a result) the "Sync"
options menu command frequently causes MoCa to crash. The 1.0.x
version appears to use AsyncTasks and MDDSyncTask.java instead and
Sana seems to reliably process the sync request.

I am interested in the processDialogs created by "Reload Database" and
"Sync" because if I rotate my phone while they ("Clearing database" or
"Updating patient database cache") are displayed, the application
crashes, presumably because it is trying to dismiss the dialogs
without taking into account the new state. Looking through your issues
history on the code site, it looks like a similar problem was solved
in issue #1 and the procedureRunner.

In summary:
1) Where is active development taking place?
2) Why are the codebases in trunk and release-1.0.x so radically
different?
3) Where should a newcomer look to get up to speed on current
development?
4) Is there any list of "janitorial" tasks that someone looking to get
familiar with the codebase could help out with without needing to make
major changes. For instance, making things conform to coding
standards, checking return values, etc.

Thanks!

-Colin