Procedure Localization

Daniel Abebe

Jun 2, 2011, 10:54:54 AM6/2/11
to moca-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All
How can I make procedure local for my/any language like string one?

Thank you

Eric Winkler

Jun 2, 2011, 11:50:06 AM6/2/11
to moca-users
Hi Daniel,
Please take a look at the FAQ on our wiki:

http://www.sanamobile.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#FAQ

Eric

Daniel Abebe

Jun 3, 2011, 3:47:25 AM6/3/11
to moca-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Eric
I read your link but I didn't get local for procedure.
It is possible to localized the string.xml. But my problem is to localize the procedure file, like

For example   string for English <string name=”yourname”> Eric Winkler</string>

But for my language <string name=”yourname”>  ኤሪክ ዊንክለር</string> and we put in different value folders.

So, like this how we localize procedures? For example for the following procedure I need to localize title, question, answer attribute

<Procedure title="Teledermatology" author="Click Diagnostics">

  <Page>

      <Element type="SELECT" id="1" concept="LENGTH OF TIME WITH

               COMPLICATION" question="How long has the patient had

               this condition?" answer="" choices="1-2 days,3-5

               days,About a week,About 2 weeks,More than 2 weeks,More

              than 1 month,More than 1 year,Since birth"/>

   </Page>

</Procedure>

Thank you

Daniel

Eric Winkler

Jun 3, 2011, 4:37:46 AM6/3/11
to moca-users
Hi Daniel,
I believe you have the basic idea correct so you will need to update
the value string for any attributes in the procedure xml that will be
displayed to the users or will be compared to values input by the
user. Hence in your example:

Procedure --> title, author
Element --> question, choices *also answer if you give it a default

The attributes where you need to deal with a comparison to user input
refers to procedures where you include the branching logic. I have not
directly translated any procedures but I will try to find one of the
developers who has and get back to you.
Best,
Eric