Curling Stone Success! Paudash Lake - Bancroft

Kristie Pennington

Mar 2, 2014, 9:13:35 PM3/2/14
to moc-make-your-ow...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to give a shout out to Minden Outers Club!! I really wanted to make curling stones for my boyfriend's 30th Birthday (he's a huge curling fan) and I was at a bit of a loss until I came across your website!!

We too used stainless steel mixing bowls.  We screwed 2 bowls together and cut out the bottom of the bowl placed on top so we could pour the concrete in.  Luckily my Dad is an electrician and was about to bend conduit to use as the handle.  I used a regular garden hose, sliced down the middle, as the bumper and taped them on with electrical tape!

My Dad flooded the ice for us and they worked like a dream! It was a GREAT weekend!

Here's a video and a few pictures!

Thanks for the help! :)
IMG_2886.mov
IMG_2885.JPG
IMG_2872.jpg
IMG_2866.JPG
IMG_2862.JPG

Mario DiCarlo

Mar 3, 2014, 11:42:10 AM3/3/14
to moc-make-your-ow...@googlegroups.com
Well done Kristie - You guys look like you had a ton of fun! Great looking stones too! Thanks for sending the pictures.

mr_fitz

Mar 5, 2014, 4:19:57 PM3/5/14
to moc-make-your-ow...@googlegroups.com
Great looking stones!
Skates and curling...great idea...though this does increase the chances of a bench clearing brawl...

gc fairchild

Mar 5, 2014, 11:34:36 PM3/5/14
to moc-make-your-ow...@googlegroups.com
you say that like its a bad thing...

Paul-HOMES Publishing

Mar 6, 2014, 11:25:02 AM3/6/14
to moc-make-your-ow...@googlegroups.com
Had to chime in to add to Kristie's Curling Stone success.

Good to see some good Canadian fun going on.

We too have enjoyed our mixing bowl curling stones for the last 4 years.
We have yet to have any "blow" apart and they are still working as good as the day we brought them up north.

See picts from the last 2 weekends.
DSCN0666.jpg
DSCN0666.jpg
DSCN0671.jpg