Bluetooth Printer and Scanner

okwui

Jun 22, 2012, 9:36:24 AM6/22/12
to mo...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to build a mobile POS with mobl. How can I get to support printing to a bluetooth printer or scanning from a bluetooth barcode scanner?

Chris Melman

Jun 22, 2012, 9:53:30 AM6/22/12
to mo...@googlegroups.com

 I'm pretty sure that the browser is not allowed to comunicate with the bluetooth of the device.
 There may be a way in android to do this as native app however, IOS will not support this(bluetooth may only be used for audio).
I have looked it up also Phonegap doesn't support this, which makes it impossible for mobl to support this.

sorry

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:36:24 -0700
From: okwui...@gmail.com
To: mo...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [mobl] Bluetooth Printer and Scanner

Okwui

Jun 22, 2012, 1:49:29 PM6/22/12
to mo...@googlegroups.com, <mobl@googlegroups.com>
My target platform is Android.

Sent from my iPad

Danny Groenewegen

Jun 22, 2012, 2:15:31 PM6/22/12
to mo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Okwui <okwui...@gmail.com> wrote:
My target platform is Android.

Sent from my iPad

that's funny :)

anyway, there seems to be an android bluetooth phonegap plugin (https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins/tree/master/Android/Bluetooth), and I guess you would need to add some wrappers in mobl similar to https://github.com/mobl/mobl-lib/tree/master/phonegap

james agada

Jun 22, 2012, 2:17:40 PM6/22/12
to mo...@googlegroups.com
My target market is Android. But I use iPad+iPhone personally. Sure is funny.

Sent from my iPhone