QR Code Scanning

Action Chen

Oct 31, 2012, 8:09:09 PM10/31/12
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All:

Can mobl support barcode or QR Code Scanning api?
I used mobl to create a food and calories database and mobile web.
I want to scan the barcode or QR Code of a food then search the food and calories database to find the matched food.
If any food matched, the calories of the food will show in the mobile web.
Can any one do this?

Best Regards
Action

Chris Melman

Nov 4, 2012, 5:08:21 AM11/4/12
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Action,

There is not really a clear answer to this question,
In short yes it is possible.
However this is only going to work if you make a native app,  because you need acces to the api of the phone to make pictures.
next to that you need to find a javascript libary that will analyse the picture, but i'm pretty sure there is one.
for example : https://github.com/LazarSoft/jsqrcode

greetings
Chris

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:09:09 -0700