Windows RT support?

Andrew Pennebaker

Jan 18, 2013, 7:16:35 PM1/18/13
to mo...@googlegroups.com
What's the point of a crossplatform mobile language that doesn't support Windows RT?

sfinnie

Jan 19, 2013, 6:43:45 PM1/19/13
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, maybe one that supports the vast majority of the target user base out there?

Seriously: winRT wasn't around when mobl was first released. It's fair to say things slowed down a bit due to resource constraints (although another release is in the offing - see separate thread). WinRT isn't on the list iirc. However: mobl is free and open source. I'm sure the developers would be happy if you added win RT as a target. Support on this llist is good. You might want to think about asking a bit more politely though.

- S.

Chris Melman

Jan 20, 2013, 4:18:49 AM1/20/13
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Scott, is Indeed correct that at the time mobl was developed the marketshare was mostly IOS and Android. Nowaday the resources are limited but would be happy with any support to improve mobl. The biggest problem at the moment is that we lack support for IndexDB. If that would work, the next step would be how to work around the stuff that WindowsRT/IE10 doesn't do correctly. If you are really think the missing suipport for WindowsRT is that big problem feel free to make it work :)

Greeting Chris