Tools I've found useful

Tuulia Kiilavuori

Sep 19, 2012, 5:41:47 AM9/19/12
to mobimooc-k1...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I'd like to share with you the tools I have used with students aged 16-18. They are perhaps not exactly K-12 mLearning resources as I have used them in face-to-face teaching sessions in a PC class but they were easy to use and I think that they can be used with mobile devices e.g. tablets (some of us used them with a smart phone):

- Wikispaces for managing courses, sharing links etc., and for sharing students' work (writing, photos, links). A few times also for practicing writing emails/posts
- Google Docs for sharing project documents
- Mindomo (www.mindomo.com) for creating mindmaps to practice vocabulary
- Adobe connect pro for a web conference between two gropus of students in different countries to practice international communciation
- Etherpad (muistio.tieke.fi) for instant communication between students (the tool worked just fine but I'm not sure if I was able to integrate it in the learning task well enough...)

Tuulia

Elizabeth Torres-Russell

Sep 25, 2012, 10:45:26 PM9/25/12
to mobimooc-k1...@googlegroups.com