What tools do you recommend for Professional Development?

Lutz Siemer

Sep 16, 2012, 1:25:28 PM9/16/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Hello mobimoocs,

for my project I'm looking for tools for Professional Development. Can you recommend something?

Thanks,
Lutz

Rebecca

Sep 16, 2012, 8:21:43 PM9/16/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lutz,

Can you be more specific about what you mean by tools for Professional Development? I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for the tools to do?  Are you building professional development, or are you looking for tools that are professional development?

Cheers,
Rebecca

Carolyn Nandozi

Sep 17, 2012, 11:25:10 AM9/17/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
I am guessing both ways if you could help! I am also interested...

Apostolos Koutropoulos

Sep 17, 2012, 12:02:19 PM9/17/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
If you are looking for tools that instructors can use in their classrooms, I would recommend NearPod (http://www.nearpod.com), if your learners also have some sort of iDevice that they can use.

Бугайчук Константин

Sep 17, 2012, 2:53:31 PM9/17/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lutz! Look this tool  http://my.dudamobile.com/home I hope that it help for your  Professional Development.

Konstantin

Lutz Siemer

Sep 18, 2012, 2:02:03 AM9/18/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rebecca,

sorry for my not really precies question.

I'm looking for tools for i.e.

selfassessment
Selfreflexion
Goalsetting
Personal Learning environment
Portfolio creation

As I work with social work students I think of things like this  http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2012/07/15-great-free-apps-for-professional.html

but more focussed on the topics above.

Regards,
Lutz

Lutz Siemer

Apostolos Koutropoulos

Sep 18, 2012, 10:05:38 AM9/18/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
I guess it depends on what the elements of your PLE are.

For example, I often browser library databases and Google Scholar to find articles, which I then read, annotate and do something with using GoodReader (awesome app!).

I often check my Google Reader subscriptions with Perfect RSS (and before that byline) to read my incoming RSS feeds and share them to Twitter or my Google Shared Items (yup, they still work! ;-)  ).  I've used Pocket to save articles to read later (when I am not connected to the net) and then share them with others when I do connect  to the net.  Of course, Google+ and Twitter clients are obligatory ;-)

I only wish google Groups worked betters on Mobile.

Paz Barceló

Sep 18, 2012, 5:55:41 PM9/18/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
   I'm working with students with Down syndrome. A few years ago I started to promote digital skills with them. The aged sixteen and use social networks (facebook or Pinterest) and find it very satisfying. There is an application to learn in groups they love, is the Voice Thread. They can videotape explanations on a topic; writing comments and share. I can write well and moderating content. I think it's very practical, attractive and cooperative. I think you're ready to use on mobile devices. Do you guys know what?   Paz B.

Karolyn

Sep 18, 2012, 6:41:20 PM9/18/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Thats  great  you started Paz. I am finding ways to work more with disabled persons- but began with nutrition component esp among HIV families which our NGO (ACFA) composed of youths looks at among vocational skills- even my boss who is admin is a disabled youth who gives us this drive (that we get to see him whenever we meet which reminds us of our work). We are looking more in the future of more help to disabled persons and you just gave me this idea of mobile among them... interesting for exploration! thanks for sharing...

Paz Barceló

Sep 18, 2012, 7:35:47 PM9/18/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Integration, or inclusion of people with disabilities must also be in digital skills, since the inclusion is social participation. Sometimes it shows the potential importance for some of these people use the web. I'm happy to share and learn from you.

Ajo Monzó

Sep 19, 2012, 2:33:45 AM9/19/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Good morning, I want to share this article about different tools, 100... I think is useful

Enjoy with it...

Ajo

El diumenge 16 de setembre de 2012 19:25:29 UTC+2, Lutz Siemer va escriure:

Lutz Siemer

Sep 19, 2012, 5:50:46 PM9/19/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karolyn,

Great thought: digital inclusion (of people with disabilities) ... Really makes sense. Never thought the topic this way.

Trank you.

Regards, Lutz

Paz Barceló

Sep 19, 2012, 6:25:34 PM9/19/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com

Paz Barceló

Sep 19, 2012, 6:26:07 PM9/19/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
I think the forgotten are disabled cognitive (or intellectual disabilities). There are applications for motor sensory disabled, but you can do much yet. But there are other issues that I think are important: not only applications for working memory, attention, communication devices for people with language difficulties, pictograms to replace words ... etc. Is the issue of teaching and learning strategies and socialization: Being able to see the blog of your favorite artist. Having a list of educational videos on youtube and other music video and comment. Use Facebook to share content with peers or look in the phone if it will rain tomorrow. Participation in the environment and be included in the digital world, improve their quality of life in every way.

Trever Reeh

Sep 20, 2012, 3:26:17 PM9/20/12
to mobimooc-colla...@googlegroups.com
My favorite professional development tool is http://edweb.net they are my favorite place to find new ways of incorporating technology and finding new strategies in education.