Autism and immune system dysfunction

1 view

news.omega

Nov 27, 2007, 3:07:19 AM11/27/07
to mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com
M.I.N.D. Institute
Executive Director, Robert Hendren      ( Email: ucdavis...@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu )
UC Davis School of Medicine
PUBLIC AFFAIRS
4900 Broadway, Suite #1200
Sacramento, CA 95820
Subject:    Autism  -  Immune System Dysfunction and Toxic Stress

Dear Dr. Hendren:

I am writing with comments re the article "Getting Closer to Finding the Culprits" (Fall 2007) that appears on the following link:   http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/ucdavismedicine/issues/fall2007/features/2.html

I note with great interest that immunoglobulin G (IGG) is found to be low in children with autism.

Dr. Judy Van de Water states:   "......something wrong in a very basic cell-signaling pathway......"

I have strong reasons to believe that many cases of autism are caused when infants/toddlers/children sleep in beds that are close to electric or gas meters, electric appliances such as monitors, clocks, fans, security alarms, carbon monixide detectors, noise machines and much more, and/or certain telephone equipment -- especially transformers for cordless phones and electronic games.   There is a more comprehensive albeit not necessarily complete list of items of concern on my website:   www.guineapigsrus.org  .

Two of my grandsons (cousins living in different cities) were diagnosed with rare immune deficiencies -- low IgG subclasses 1 and 3  (signifying "aging").   We were told the boys may develop Leukemia or other cancers.  They suffered symptoms of chronic and often intractable asthma, chronic sinus infections, chronic ear infections and GERD,  They basically  "got well"  when we moved their beds away from walls opposite electric meters ("powerwalls").   One of the boys continues to exhibit some signs of Tourette's Syndrome (approximately 16 years after moving his bed away from the electric meter).

Please review my appeal to Dr. Marilyn Albert, a member of the Alzheimers' Association Task Force  -

Persons need to be aware that monitors are being placed  in cribs as well as directly under cribs.   Radiofrequency radiation (RF) will subject both humans and animals to toxic stress.

 Low levels of melatonin have been linked to autism as well as Alzheimers  -   See:  http://www.buergerwelle.de/pdf/abnormal_melatonin_synthesis.htm  .   [ Note:  If the buergerwelle webpage does not open properly, the study can be accessed by website:  www.guineapigsrus.org   and then clicking on "melatonin studies and correspondence" under the section "Letters and Emails."     Melatonin

Children are often taken to parents' beds for comfort largely due to the fact the infant or child can not sleep.   Parents may have electric clocks, fans, monitors, transformers, etc. on nightstands and/or headboards.   Persons have reported to me that cell phones are being charged on nightstands and sometimes, cell phones are even placed under pillows for use during the night.

You may be interested in reviewing a recent study by Dr. Tamara J. Mariea and Dr. George Carlo titled:   "Wireless Radiation in the Etiology and Treatment of Autism:  Clinical Observations and Mechanisms"  -   ( J. Aust. Coll. Nutr. and Env. Medicine, Vol. 26, No. 2 (August 2007) pages 3-7    -    website:  http://www.avaate.org/IMG/pdf/EMR-Autism-ACNEM-final.pdf .

I do not recall whether concerns about carrying infants and children while having a cell phone in a parent's pocket is addressed in the above study or not.  I believe, however, Dr. Mercola does mention this in one of his posts re cell phones and autism  -   http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/11/27/how-cell-phones-may-cause-autism.aspx  .

I would be interested in whether or not you have conducted any studies re EMF/EMR (electromagnetic field/electromagnetic radiation) exposures and the probable connection to autism-spectrum disorders.

Any help you are able to provide insofar as media attention to this very serious situation -- the need for persons to be informed of dangers of sleeping close to electric and telephone equipment at night -- will be greatly appreciated!!!

I have made several attempts to contact Jenny McCarthy and Holly Robinson Peete.  They  have made appearances on the Oprah Show.

Assoc. Prof. Olle Johansson, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden,  is willing to fly to the United States for the purpose of appearing on the Oprah Show to inform the public of the need to move electric and telephone equipment away from beds.  He also has many other concerns regarding EMF/EMR issues.   An important interview re Dr. Johansson's background can be accessed at:   http://www.feb.se/ARTICLES/OlleJ.html .

I need to mention an extremely  important contact about six weeks ago.  A young mother pointed at the electric meter mounted on the outside of her boys' bedroom wall.  She said "he is four years old -- he has autism -- his head is only one foot from the electric meter!!!

Feel free to call or email me with comments or questions.

Best wishes and take care  -   Joanne

Joanne C. Mueller
Guinea Pigs "R" Us
731 - 123rd Avenue N.W.
Minneapolis, Minnesota  55448-2127 USA
Phone:   763-755-6114
Email:
jcmpe...@aol.com   (11-27-07)

ARE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN GUINEA PIGS?    Letter 7-22-04 by Joanne Mueller
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/282050/

"No substance is a poison by itself.  It is the dose that makes a substance a poison..."  Paracelsus (1493-1541)

Omega Group

Nov 27, 2007, 3:47:13 AM11/27/07
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter - EMF-Omega-News