Mobile phone radiation is a possible cancer risk, says WHO

7 views
Skip to first unread message

news....@googlemail.com

unread,
May 31, 2011, 4:20:32 PM5/31/11
to

news....@googlemail.com

unread,
Jun 1, 2011, 2:24:22 AM6/1/11
to mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com
noname.html

news....@googlemail.com

unread,
Jun 2, 2011, 11:20:08 AM6/2/11
to
attached google translation
 
----- Original Message -----
From Mona Nilsson
To: Iris Atzmon
Sent:
Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:10 PM
Subject: article on the Swedish Television

http://svtdebatt.se/

 

http://svtdebatt.se/2011/06/mobilbranschens-cancerfornekelse-ar-slutligen-motbevisad/

 

Vänliga hälsningar

Mona Nilsson

08-56051602

www.monanilsson.se

MOBILE RADIATION WHO IARC agency announced yesterday that they expect the mobile and DECT phones, or wireless telelefoner, can cause malignant brain tumor. The fact that mobile phone use increases the risk of cancer has been made clear reason why the risk increases have been toned down to be found in the enormous economic interests at stake in the assessment of cell phone cancer risks. It writes journalist Mona Nilsson.

WHO-IARC agency announced yesterday that they expect the mobile and DECT phones, ie wireless telelefoner, can cause malignant brain tumor.
They base their conclusion on studies showing that mobile and DECT phone use increases the risk of brain tumors.

Over a week has 31 researchers reviewed almost all research in mobile radiation and cancer.
The studies that are primarily now forms the basis of positions adopted by the IARC and highlighted during the press conference in Lyon on 31 May, was epidemiological studies of cancer doctor Lennart Hardell of Örebro University Hospital and the results from the international WHO-study Interphone, published in May 2010.

In the latter study was presented in Sweden, said professors at the Karolinska Institute, Anders Ahlbom and Maria Feychting, that it did not show any increased risk.
This led in turn to that most Swedish media incorrectly a year ago reported that the study showed that cell phone does not cause cancer and that P1 tomorrow still June 1, 2011 claimed that the study would not show any increased risk.

I have repeated in articles last year pointed out that the study actually showed an increased brain tumor risk to today's normal user and project manager for the study believed that the findings were worrying as they showed that today's ordinary users are at increased risk.
The reason why the risk increases toned down to be found in the enormous economic interests at stake in the assessment of cell phone cancer risks.

Professor Anders Ahlbom was supposed to lead the now conducted epidemiological evaluation of cancer, IARC, but left his expert chair at the last moment before the meeting starts. Reason: I could reveal that he had formed a consulting company with his brother, Gunnar Ahlbom AB, where he was both signatories as a director. The firm would be under the manual system to target its services, including lobbying and public relations, specifically to the telecommunications industry.
In addition, his brother worked for TeliaSonera in Brussels in less than 13 years.

The IARC classification means a total rejection of Professors Anders Ahlbom and Maria Feychting message to the authorities, media and public in recent years. Anders Ahlbom said, for example, in an interview with Swedish Radio (Body and Soul) in February 2011: "Interphone will show the same things as any other research has shown previously that there is nothing to fear".
In other contexts, he claims that research has not shown any risk at all during all the years we researched the health risks of mobile telephony.

The IARC assessment the stands also in stark contrast to the Radiation Safety Authority, SSM, messages which in turn refers to assessments that Anders Ahlbom made to the Authority for eight years. Ahlbom has also led all other investigations carried out in Sweden (Council for Working Life and Social Research, FAS).
SSM argues that DECT phones are harmless.

It is high time that the SSM and, FAS, appoints new truly independent and impartial experts, since during the 2000s used the services of experts in shocking conflicts of interest. There is also a rush to set up a parliamentary investigation of SSM's miserable and clearly the mobile industry to turn cellular risk management issue for many years. SSM has failed to inform the public that research for several years have seen an increased risk of malignant brain tumor. SSM has also, in a scandalous manner, completely ignored the alarming findings of Hardell of particular high-risk youth.
Instead, the authority's representative argued that children and young people would not be particularly sensitive to radiation "in any way", a stance that is almost unique in the world.

We have lost many years of prevention efforts by providing information and protection of the public who instead are tricked into believing that the mobile phone and DECT phone friskrivits from brain cancer risk and therefore use them without limits, as well as virtually all children and adolescents in Sweden. What are the consequences?
We know that brain tumors often have a 10 year latency.

The responsibility rests heavily on Radiation Protection Authority, Government, the mobile industry and Anders Ahlbom and colleagues at the Karolinska Institute. The responsibility also rests heavily on the influential media who are not critically examined whether experts or authorities - despite the obvious and repeated lies and ties to industry. And cancer is unfortunately far from the only health risk with cell phone radiation.

 

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages