Issue 175 in mobileterminal: ForkException with applesdk branch on ios 4.0

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Jul 4, 2010, 1:27:34 PM7/4/10
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 175 by doghead: ForkException with applesdk branch on ios 4.0
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=175

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. SDK 3.2.3, IOS 4.0 device (no jailbreak)
2. Working profile Iphone Developer
3. mobileterminal appleSDk branch (rev 442)
4. Project set to iphone device 4.0 and target to os 4.0

a terminal prompt ;-)
ForkException stating "Not allowed to fork from inside Sandbox"

OSX 10.6.3 / SDK 3.2.3 / IOS4.0

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Jul 4, 2010, 6:32:21 PM7/4/10
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 175 by allen.porter: ForkException with applesdk branch

This is not a bug. You cannot run MobileTerminal from inside XCode on the
device because of the Sandbox which disallows the fork() system call. You
must copy the binary to /Applications/ if you expect it to run on the
device.

See a discussion on the mobileterminal googlegroup archive for more
information:
http://groups.google.com/group/mobileterminal/browse_thread/thread/4616bd8b78a39e26/29206ac7d8edfac6?lnk=gst&q=sandbox#29206ac7d8edfac6

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Jun 4, 2012, 1:35:05 AM6/4/12
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 175 by MYbict...@gmail.com: ForkException with applesdk

Attachments:
iTunesArtwork 23.1 KB

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Jul 2, 2012, 6:22:19 PM7/2/12
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 175 by omaroj...@gmail.com: ForkException with applesdk
So there is no way.. to implement the forkpty() to work on
non-jailbroken ?? I need to implement a terminal interface, I dont even
need to access any restricted data out of sandbox I just need a terminal
interface for my binary to run.

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Jul 2, 2012, 6:40:21 PM7/2/12
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 175 by congg...@gmail.com: ForkException with applesdk

Attachments:
MobclixSessionTracking-667FDE95-9742-44AF-86BF-4981AA838873.plist 497
bytes

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Apr 9, 2013, 3:47:38 AM4/9/13
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 175 by sandiptr...@gmail.com: ForkException with
thanx for this information ...will please tell me which binary file i have
to add to run mobile terminal on iPhone Devise

issue notifications to this address.

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Apr 11, 2013, 3:01:50 AM4/11/13
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 175 by sandiptr...@gmail.com: ForkException with
i have copy binay file from
https://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/downloads/list/Terminal-510.zip and

copy it in my application

/Users/XYZ/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MobileTerminal-bycjhehoqwgtuudvmpblvwteyjzy/Build/Products

but problem is as it is please reply what to do now.....