Issue 256 in mobileterminal: Installation Wiki Review

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Feb 4, 2011, 3:07:28 PM2/4/11
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Review Priority-Low

New issue 256 by dave.sto...@gmail.com: Installation Wiki Review
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=256

Currently, I'm against recommending adding an external source in the wiki.
It would be better to recommend installing a Download-Plugin for Safari,
unpacking the .zip to /Applications and respringing.
Generally, we should make a guide independent of other sources...

Any suggestions or arguments for or against this?

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Feb 4, 2011, 3:11:33 PM2/4/11
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Type-Review Type-Task

Comment #1 on issue 256 by dave.sto...@gmail.com: Installation Wiki Review
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=256

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Feb 5, 2011, 9:25:20 PM2/5/11
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 256 by allen.po...@gmail.com: Installation Wiki Review
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=256

People have been yelling for months that its too hard to install
mobileterminal and we need to have versions in Cydia on a timely basis.
Given that, we need to make sure revisions are in Cydia quickly. I think
everyone can agree that we should have MobileTerminal in some repo.

As for the question of *which* repo, i have no idea which one people are
currently using. No repo maintainers have ever contacted this group about
hosting MobileTerminal. I emailed saurik@ a few times about changing the
existing version that he is listed as the maintainer for, and have not
heard any responses.

A few days ago I received an email from the maintainer of YourCydiaRepo.org
and he offered to host new versions. Fine by me. I also said he could
update the instructions to describe how to install the new version.

Feedback welcome, I am pretty out of the loop when it comes to Cydia
repositories since I don't own an iPhone.

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2011, 2:28:47 AM2/6/11
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 256 by dave.sto...@gmail.com: Installation Wiki Review
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=256

Shouldn't we better use TheBigBoss or ModMyI?
Those are preinstalled and the largest two repos

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2011, 11:26:36 AM2/6/11
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 256 by allen.po...@gmail.com: Installation Wiki Review
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=256

What is the process for adding the package and pushing updates? Something
automated? :)

One of the benefits of youcydiarepo is that I wouldn't have to do any
work ;)

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2011, 11:31:39 AM2/6/11
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 256 by dave.sto...@gmail.com: Installation Wiki Review
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=256

Yes, I believe they're working automated after the first time being accepted

mobilet...@googlecode.com

Feb 4, 2013, 10:54:30 PM2/4/13
to mobilet...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 256 by apocalys...@gmail.com: Installation Wiki Review
http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=256

While I agree that Cydia/repo is the way to go, I was having trouble with
Cydia tonight and was able to install using the installation instructions
found here, however I would suggest using winscp for windows folks instead
of ifunbox. free, open source, and is way more useful altogether.
Additionally, the cyberduck software you recommended for MAC users is also
available for windows in case you'd rather stick with that method.

Thanks for the app, installation using 'autoinstall' directory for Cydia
was a breeze.