Please rate our Knight News Challenge proposal

1 view

Yael Schwartzman

Nov 5, 2008, 5:40:33 PM11/5/08
to cha...@cs.washington.edu, gsh...@googlegroups.com, ictd-latin-ameri...@googlegroups.com, mobiles-in-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Tapan Parikh and I have submitted a proposal for the Knight News Challenge. I would greatly appreciate it if you can read it and rate it.
http://generalapp.newschallenge.org/SNC/ViewItem.aspx?pguid=4a4f8c6a-d2c2-4545-82db-c8ed4b415eba&itemguid=86589deb-e846-475c-8c69-89eb9a1f9302

If you want to read a bit more about this contest you can go here (you might want to submit something next year :) ):
http://www.newschallenge.org/about

If you want to read a bit more about DigitalICS you can go here:
http://www.digitalicslatino.org

Thanks!
Yael Schwartzman

P.S. I also welcome any comments, suggestions and/or questions you might have

dwyka

Nov 10, 2008, 1:04:01 AM11/10/08
to mobiles in agriculture, v3n...@gmail.com, iwes...@gmail.com
Yael,
Congrats with a great mobile application to service m-Agric to the
sector.
Offering an Internal management portal, is a smart example where
mobile devices are utilised in a member group format.
Offering features like mobiCode, where the farmer and his produce can
be certified will also enhance your service.

Since many farmers do not yet have mobile devices, consider also
allowing a kiosk portal at local cooperatives and post offices using
Tablets.
Your smart sound clips can be complemented with voice VOIP
connectivity to Agricultural NGOs and authorities.

The most success with your competition entry!

Pieter Henning

On Nov 6, 12:40 am, "Yael Schwartzman" <yae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tapan Parikh and I have submitted a proposal for the Knight News Challenge.
> I would greatly appreciate it if you can read it and rate it.http://generalapp.newschallenge.org/SNC/ViewItem.aspx?pguid=4a4f8c6a-...

Yael Schwartzman

Nov 10, 2008, 10:56:10 AM11/10/08
to mobiles-in-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pieter,
Thanks for your good wishes and suggestions.

Offering an Internal management portal, is a smart example where
mobile devices are utilised in a member group format.
Offering features like mobiCode, where the farmer and his produce can
be certified will also enhance your service.

The mobiCode also sounds like a great way to receive a special promotion
for consumers who read information about producers. I'll keep it in mind.

Since many farmers do not yet have mobile devices, consider also
allowing a kiosk portal at local cooperatives and post offices using
Tablets.
Your smart sound clips can be complemented with voice VOIP
connectivity to Agricultural NGOs and authorities.

We are not using one phone per producer. Instead, we would be using the cooperative's
staff (internal inspectors and agricultural extensionists) as messengers. They would carry
a mobile phone every time they visit a producers community to perform these information
transactions.

Having a mobile phone per producer, as you say, is not a reality yet, and
there are some producers that never go to the local cooperative but do have people from the
coop visiting all the time... so it is the solution that makes the most sense

  -Yael