Fwd: [Tech Talk] Information Science and Graduate School

justin hoffman

Apr 9, 2019, 5:29:16 PM4/9/19
to Mobile+Web, Rowena Tomaneng

Hey all,

Over the course of this semester, we've listened to speakers who approach the tech industry from a wide variety of angles. There are data scientists, UX Designers, Security Analysts. While these might seem disparate, all of these roles are focused on creating systems that effectively manage information. Accordingly, programs like the iSchool Inclusion Institute (i3) are specifically designed to introduce students to the concepts of information science, and get you doing your own information science research.

Tomorrow night, Amy Chew, a Berkeley City College & i3 alum, will do a Q&A about her experience at BCC and i3. She is currently a first year master's student at the University of Michigan and will also be able to discuss her experience getting a graduate degree in the information sciences. Amy is a designer, a developer who works across Python and Javascript, and, as many of you know, an incredible classmate who will have a lot of great information to share!

We'll also do some work on elevator pitches, and I'd also like to discuss lightning talks.

Please join in person tomorrow, April 10th at 7PM at Berkeley City College, Room 227, or remotely via Zoom: https://twilio.zoom.us/j/689294260

Looking forward to seeing everyone again! (: