WebDAV sync: correct username/password gets error

hjh

Sep 4, 2017, 3:23:31 AM9/4/17
to mobileorg-android
Hm, well, this group seems a bit dead, but maybe it's worth a shot anyway.

Question summary: mobileorg can't log into my WebDAV server. Browsers can.

For some years, I've been using org-mode + mobileorg (android) with a WebDAV server on my local machine. Recently, both my computer and phone were destroyed in a travel accident... and I've replaced them, and reconfigured.

The current state is:

- I have a WebDAV directory set up in an apache2 server, using digest authentication. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-webdav-access-with-apache-on-ubuntu-14-04

- org-mobile-push creates the expected files in that directory.

- Using a browser to access http://my.ip.add.ress/webdav/index.org is successful -- I am (correctly) prompted for the username and password, and if I enter those correctly, the browser gets the file. Chrome on my phone: Same, good result. So there is no problem with connectivity.

- But if I enter the same username, password and URL into mobileorg configuration, I get an error: "Invalid username or password." I've tried a couple of times now, and I'm 100% sure I've entered the credentials correctly.

- ufw is open on port 80.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

hjh

Sep 8, 2017, 10:36:08 PM9/8/17
to mobileorg-android
On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 3:23:31 PM UTC+8, hjh wrote:
- I have a WebDAV directory set up in an apache2 server, using digest authentication. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-webdav-access-with-apache-on-ubuntu-14-04

Answering my own question: digest authentication fails in the MobileOrg app. Basic authentication works.

hjh