"eBooks and Your Library" Online Workshop on Thurs. Oct. 21

1 view

Tom Peters

Oct 5, 2010, 10:26:22 AM10/5/10
to PUBLIB, eboo...@yahoogroups.com, pdalib...@yahoo.com, eBook Community, Mobile Libraries
Greetings.

On Thursday, October 21st, beginning at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, 1:00 Central, Noon Mountain, and 11:00 a.m. Pacific, Tony Bandy from Library Knowledge (http://libraryknowledge.com) and Tom Peters from TAP Information Services (http://www.tapinformation.com) will lead a 3-hour workshop on "eBooks and Your Library."

We'll cover free eBook resources for your library, trends in the portable eReading revolution, and the latest hardware, software, systems, and publishing developments.  We'll explore how current and emerging players in the eBook movement (Amazon, Open Library, Hathi Trust, Google, OverDrive, Blio, Apple, etc.) will affect how your library can provide good eReading experiences for your patrons.

Registration Fees:  $29 for individuals; $59 for groups (that is, two or more individuals currently affiliated with an organization or group.  Individuals participating as part of a group registration need not be in the same physical location.)  All registrants also will have unlimited access to the recording of the workshop.  Registrants may pay online using a major credit card.  If you prefer to pay by check, please contact Tom Peters (816.616.6746 or tpe...@tapinformation.com).

Registration Discounts:  Current SJSU SLIS students, faculty, and staff receive a 100% discount on individual tickets.  SJSU SLIS alumni receive a 50% discount on individual tickets.  To obtain the discount codes, please contact Tom Peters (816.616.6746 or tpe...@tapinformation.com).

This live online event is part of the Trendy Topics series of online events (http://www.trendytopics.info/).  We offer an ongoing series of dynamic events on hot topics at reasonable prices.

Organizer:  TAP Information Services (http://www.tapinformation.com).  We help organizations innovate.

Sponsor:  San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science (http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/).

I hope you can join us for this lively, informative online event.

Thanks much.

Tom

Tom Peters, CEO
TAP Information Services