Local sunrise & sunset times

southisup

Nov 2, 2010, 5:37:02 AM11/2/10
to mobile-trail-explorer
I'd very much like to get MTE showing local sunrise & sunset times.

Local sunrise & sunset times are the main thing I miss from my Garmin
Geko - they're very handy for photography, to know in advance when the
light is going to be best where you are (Golden Hour), & for mountain
biking or hiking & camping, to know when to stop & set up camp for the
night without running out of light.

I see someone wrote a patch:
http://groups.google.com/group/mobile-trail-explorer/browse_thread/thread/60d1a7a8ec4c3937
but I don't think it has been applied to the source.

Are there any plans to update the current beta JAD / JAR? Is there any
interest in adding the above patch?

If not, is there a guide to how I could do this myself? I'm on Linux
Mint, which has Netbeans in the package manager, but it's not
something I've used before, & I've only done the most basic of
compiling from source, & not with Java at all. Is it an easy thing to
use? Is applying a patch simple, even if it's been written for an
older version of the source like here?

Any thoughts?