Sony Ericsson C903 - no position fix

Aleks

May 24, 2010, 5:16:10 PM5/24/10
to mobile-trail-explorer
Hello,

The application runs on my Sony Ericsson C903 and seems to be exactly
what I want - except it is does not find my location using the phone's
internal GPS. I tried two versions, each behaves differently:

- v1.14 I enabled access to jsr-179 and switched to internal GPS in
options. Mobile Trail Explorer sees the satellites (as shown on sky
and signal strength screens), but uses zero of them to fix the
location (as given in the TRK display). The application does not find
my position. At the same time other applications that use GPS get a
fix no problem

-v1.15 I enabled internal GPS in options. Mobile Trail Explorer does
not even see satellites. Nevertheless, the applications seems to
switch the GPS on and the GPS seems to get a fix - judging by the
phone's GPS icon. Still, no satellites show on the Sky screen.

Has anyone of here had a similar problem? I will be grateful for
advice.

Thanks,

Aleks

Gurr

May 26, 2010, 7:17:53 AM5/26/10
to mobile-trail-explorer

Hi! My best bet would be to compare the two versions code. I never saw
those parts before, so no idea just yet on the problem. If i get the
time i will try to look into it. In the meantime try the 1.16 (found
in the files section), if you can. I expect it to behave just as the
1.15, but some confirmation could be useful.

Aleks

May 31, 2010, 2:45:48 PM5/31/10
to mobile-trail-explorer
Hi,

I reinstalled the application (v1.15) using the .jad file instead
of .jar and it started working! It finds the position and records the
track. The satellites still do not show on the sky screen, but as long
as the navigation works, I am happy with this.

Thanks for the reply.

Aleks