Creating a Google Plus community

Patrick

Jan 21, 2013, 11:01:51 AM1/21/13
to mobile...@googlegroups.com
I know we have a Mobile Maker Space profile on google plus, but I think it would also be beneficial to have a Google Plus community.  It would basically supplant this Google group.

Advantages of a Google Plus community over a profile:
  • All users are allowed to post to the community (with the profile, we can only comment on posts)
  • Gives people better integration with mobile devices
  • We can host group meetings online using Google Hangouts
  • People searching for the community online are more likely to find us
  • We can post events
In general the interface of google plus is much nicer that google groups.  I just wanted to check with you guys and create the community.  I have no problem giving up admin rights of the community over to Mobile Maker Space profile and Rick.  I am not trying to step on any toes and if people want to continue to use this group then that's cool too and I will delete the community.

The community is located here:

Rick Green

Jan 21, 2013, 10:49:21 PM1/21/13
to mobile...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me. Thanks for getting it set up.

-Rick