ANN: Couchbase Lite Beta 3.1 Hotfix for iOS and Sync Gateway Now Available

Jessica Liu

Mar 31, 2014, 1:58:42 PM3/31/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi community, a hotfix build addressing issues found in our recent Beta 3 release (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mobile-couchbase/JJzevths7G0) has been pushed to our Stable branches and public domain. Downloads for packages are available from our website at http://www.couchbase.com/download#cb-mobile, or build directly from the Stable branch of our GitHub repos.

Below is a sample of relevant commits, and related issues they resolved, that are available in the Beta 3.1 hotfix:

Sync Gateway

  • 26f4ad0 Fix for a nasty bug where a document doesn't get assigned any channels (#300. Doc update pushed to gateway may not get assigned any channels, making it inaccessible)
  • 188ac1d "channels" param for POST to _changes is a string, not a []string (#293. Fixes 500-status errors when CBL tries to specify channels when replicating.)
  • 8841639 Rewrite _attachment dicts into valid form when adding doc to db (#283 on Couchbase Lite. Protects against sending out bogus attachment metadata.)
  • 2ede7f8 Handle stub attachments better when sending multipart doc responses (#283 on Couchbase Lite. Protects against sending out bogus attachment metadata.)
  • a89c5b0 Fix shadower creating spurious duplicate revisions (#296. Bucket shadowing didn’t work with docs being replicated into the gateway’s bucket; it created bogus duplicates.)
  • b252319 Changes feed now allows 'since' to be specified in string form (Found through code inspection. Without this fix, pull replications always start over from sequence 1.)
  • 6d381ff Ensure MultiChangesFeed goroutine stops when continuous feed closes (Found through code inspection. Fixes a leak of goroutines.)

Couchbase Lite for iOS

  • fbcf8ec Finally fixed the multipart JSON-decoding bugs (#288, #289. Issues with compressed responses that either caused documents to be skipped in a pull, or an exception/crash.)
  • c79e0b6 Fixed another assertion-failure when a _bulk_get download can’t parse a JSON doc (Same as above.)
  • 3bf91b7 Thread-safety fix in CBLWebSocketChangeTracker (This hasn’t shown up in any bug reports, but it’s a small and safe fix)
  • 5041a4e Puller was getting confused receiving JSON-only docs (no attachments) with gzip response encoding (#281. This caused errors pulling any document with more than 1k of JSON but no attachments.)

Thank you.
- Jessica