Android ChangeTracker gets OOM Exception on replication

Frederic Yesid Peña Sánchez

Jan 28, 2015, 4:12:00 PM1/28/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello

We have been using CBL for iOS normaly for some time on.

Now that we are also making our android application, we are facing issues on replication.

Concisely, we are having OOM exceptions and cannot replicate the data as in iOS.

Here is the Error:

01-28 16:07:31.295  14368-14450/biz.eadvising.pharmadvisorandroid E/dalvikvm-heap﹕ Out of memory on a 102-byte allocation.
01-28 16:07:31.970  14368-14450/biz.eadvising.pharmadvisorandroid E/dalvikvm-heap﹕ Out of memory on a 104-byte allocation.
01-28 16:07:35.640  14368-14450/biz.eadvising.pharmadvisorandroid E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: ChangeTracker-http://kratos.pharmadvisor.com:4984/pharmadvisor-mobile2/
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: [memory exhausted]
            at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

We are not doing anything special, just began testing replication and this error does not let us advance any more.

Any help would be appreciate, this is a showstopper (we have no time to reimplement different sync-methods for iOS and Android)

Thanks.

Hideki Itakura

Jan 29, 2015, 11:57:07 AM1/29/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frederic,

To understand this issue better, could you please post all log with all log level. Currently your log level is ERROR, can you set VERBOSE?

Also we would like to know how many documents and document size that your application tries to replicate.

Thanks,
Hideki

Frederic Yesid Peña Sánchez

Jan 29, 2015, 12:15:56 PM1/29/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Well, after fighting CBL, we made a change

Added on AndroidManifest.xml

android:largeHeap=“true”

Because looking at AndroidStudio memory monitor, the app died after reaching 64 MB on RAM

We have some datasets with about 70K records, but even with 10K died before the change.

Jens Alfke

Jan 29, 2015, 1:18:06 PM1/29/15
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

> On Jan 29, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Frederic Yesid Peña Sánchez <freder...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Because looking at AndroidStudio memory monitor, the app died after reaching 64 MB on RAM

Have you profiled to see what's being allocated and what's filling up memory? That seems excessive.

—Jens