Is it possible to make Replication Process Faster?

Pankaj Jakhar

Jun 3, 2014, 5:53:06 AM6/3/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
I am replicating documents from CouchDB at server side to CBL at Android Platform. I have created a filter on server side to replicate filtered documents but the replication process  becomes IDLE itself while full data has not been replicated.

What can be the cause?

Traun Leyden

Jun 3, 2014, 3:48:00 PM6/3/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what problem you are trying to describe -- are you saying that the replication never finishes, or that it goes into the IDLE state while it's running?

Can you give a precise description of:

- How to reproduce, including an example of your server side filter and how you are kicking off the replication in your java code.
- Actual Behavior
- Expected Behavior

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 2:53 AM, Pankaj Jakhar <pankaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am replicating documents from CouchDB at server side to CBL at Android Platform. I have created a filter on server side to replicate filtered documents but the replication process  becomes IDLE itself while full data has not been replicated.

What can be the cause?

Pankaj Jakhar

Jun 6, 2014, 5:52:13 AM6/6/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Replication finishes but it goes into the IDLE state while it's running.

Sometimes, I manually update some CouchDB documents on server side. Might be manual update of documents break the update sequences and database syncing becomes IDLE while it's running but still not finished.

Actual Behavior should be, finishing complete replication process in one time without going to IDLE state.

In this way, I am calling filter function for replication.

                /**Start Filtered Pull Replication here.*/
Replication pullReplication = mDatabaseLocal
.createPullReplication(syncUrl);
pullReplication.setContinuous(true);
pullReplication.setFilter("userLevelFilter/docFilter");
pullReplication.setFilterParams(map);
pullReplication.start();
pullReplication.addChangeListener(this);