Alternate way to check ws / wss based sync gateway urls

parvez....@decurtis.com

Sep 15, 2018, 4:29:27 AM9/15/18
to Couchbase Mobile
In CouchbaseLite 2.0, we need to specify ws / wss for sync gateway urls for managing replications. Till the time we do not verify sync gateway urls using new protocols through an iOS application we are not clear of any errors that may occur. Is there any way if we can verify the sync gateway urls using the new protocols in browser to check their working / not working status.
I want to avoid the long way of updating the url in an iOS application then running it to verify the urls.

Jens Alfke

Sep 17, 2018, 12:16:49 PM9/17/18
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 1:29 AM, "parvez....@decurtis.com" <parvez....@decurtis.com> wrote:
>
> Is there any way if we can verify the sync gateway urls using the new protocols in browser to check their working / not working status.

For troubleshooting network/server problems, you mean?

The REST API is still there, so you can use the equivalent http: URL for the same database, i.e. http://server:port/db.
If you take the ws: URL and just change the scheme to http: (or https:) you’ll hit the websocket endpoint; I think you’ll get a 400 response since your HTTP request doesn’t have the required WebSocket headers, but that will identify that you’ve reached it.

Or you can use the ‘cblite’ command line tool to run a replication.

—Jens
Privacy Policy<https://www.couchbase.com/privacy-policy> | Update Marketing Preferences<https://info.couchbase.com/unsubscribe-or-manage-preferences>