Disable error logs and basic auth on sync gateway

MobDev

Nov 11, 2014, 7:18:41 PM11/11/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

Is there a way we can disable error logs on sync-gateway

for example on the root url we get message

{"couchdb":"Welcome","vendor":{"name":"Couchbase Sync Gateway","version":1},"version":"Couchbase Sync Gateway/1.0.2-9(commit 95ef60ab)"}

We don't want to show all the server details and version details.

Also, how to disable basic authentication? (we are using custom authentication)

Thanks,

Jens Alfke

Nov 12, 2014, 11:33:33 AM11/12/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
You can probably do that using a proxy like nginx (but I don't know the details.)

—Jens

MobDev

Nov 12, 2014, 3:36:15 PM11/12/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jens.

Can we disable basic authentication?

Thanks

Jens Alfke

Nov 12, 2014, 4:51:56 PM11/12/14

On Nov 12, 2014, at 12:36 PM, MobDev <ehdev...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can we disable basic authentication?

As I said, use a proxy. If you want to disable basic auth, strip the "Authorization" request header and the "WWW-Authenticate" response header.
(I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, though...)

—Jens