Couchbase Lite last versions on iOS6 ? Impossible ?

thomas....@teckeezy.com

Nov 20, 2014, 7:20:07 AM11/20/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have an app for kids that has to work on iOS6. Versions greater than 1.0 of couchebase lite iOS lib requires iOS7.

I have to tell you I don't understand why. It seems to me that for such

And I am wondering if there is a way, a tweak to make last versions work with iOS6 ?

Thanks in advance

Jens Alfke

Nov 20, 2014, 12:55:13 PM11/20/14

On Nov 20, 2014, at 4:20 AM, thomas....@teckeezy.com wrote:

I have an app for kids that has to work on iOS6. Versions greater than 1.0 of couchebase lite iOS lib requires iOS7.
I have to tell you I don't understand why. It seems to me that for such

To be honest I don't remember exactly what dependencies on iOS 7 we have; there are so many API additions in each OS. In part it's simply because we no longer test on iOS 6 and we don't want to declare compatibility with an untested OS.

You could try changing the target OS version back to iOS 6 and building, to see if there are any errors, but that won't catch all dependencies; you'd need to actually try running on iOS 6 and look for runtime exceptions. (I really wish Xcode had a way to enforce that code is only using available APIs, but it doesn't.)

—Jens

Igor Ievsiukov

Nov 21, 2014, 3:13:46 AM11/21/14
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There shouldn't much of problems of using it on iOS6 (and even 5!), you just will need to lover deployment target and compile framework by yourself.

If you need JavaScript stuff working, it is doable, will just require some fun with including statically compiled JavaScriptCoreFramework.

- Igor